CONNECT

Host: ts.psdh.eu
Password: None

* Recent Posts

Wintersday Extravaganza 2023 by Nova Lelie
[December 12, 2023, 09:52:49 PM]

IRL Meeting interest check by Mr_Dark
[February 10, 2023, 07:33:19 PM]

PSDH Seasonal Scary Spooky Strange Sacrificial (just kidding, or are we?) Sit-in by Mr_Dark
[October 18, 2022, 01:52:50 PM]

[ANN] Easter Eggstravaganza by Nova Lelie
[April 18, 2022, 01:55:17 PM]

Dragon's End by Nova Lelie
[March 21, 2022, 11:00:25 PM]

* Calendar

Sorry! There are no calendar events available at the moment.

* Upcoming Events

Stay Connected
Ever wanted a way to stay connected to your guildies outside of event times, or want to get notified 30 minutes before one of our events start?
Why not join the [PSDH] Discord? To join our Discord server, click on the link in this message or press the Discord logo on our banner at the top.

Author Topic: PSDH and HoT?  (Read 4068 times)

xadine

• View Profile
  • IGN: xadine
  • Server: Vizunah Square (FR)
PSDH and HoT?
« on: September 15, 2015, 03:34:19 PM »
Hello fellow hunters.
Before I start, I apologyze if a similar thread can be find in this forum (I didn't find it), and I remind you that I'm french therefore I'm sorry for the incoming grammatical errors.
So lets get to it!

With the HoT release in a month (23 october) I started think about a lot of things, and specifically how PSDH will handle it. Several "issues" hit me like a truc. What's following is more an Open Letter feel free to share your thoughts.

1) Teq and TT run:
With the release of HoT I expect a major loss of players for those events. During BWE1&2 TT failed because a lot of players where beta-testing and I believe it will be the same and probably even worse when HoT will be release.
I know that even I will probably focus on HoT for a while even though I still have a lot fo fun doing TT.
So I guess my question is, will you "purge" the guild or just declare some kind of "wait and see" situation?

2) Guild Hall
I know PSDH isn't a "typical" guild. But it has a nice community and I'm pretty sure Guild Hall will require a lot of time and influence to get things done. I'm the kind of guy who like to feel usefull in his community (kinda why I go for crimson condi even though I don't like to condi)
Do you plan to claim a guild hall for PSDH or not? If it is YES, do you plan to ask financial/craft/stuff help?

3) HoT WB
There will be WB in HoT and they may overlap with other events like Teq or TT.
Do you have plans for those WB, and will you go for Teq or TT over them?

4) Raids
This one is more personnal. I love the concept of raids in general and I hate the concept of meta. I love to do a dungeon/raid with funny people that know their class instead of braindead meta group where you're not allow to fart.
I guess what I mean is, do you guys plan to run guilds raids? You know, with nice/fun players and where you're not force to go ele/war (based on the current meta, i've hope for a new less exclusive meta).

5) Guild hall building agenda
Ok this one is just for fun. We know that their will be several features in guild hall, like the guild arena and the crafting lab...
Do you have an agenda? What do you aim for?

So... I just wanted to share my "concern" with you. I'm pretty sure you've started discuss most of it allready. Feel free to answer me (or not^^) or even share your own "concern" about HoT. Or delete it if a similar thread allready exist.

Nova Lelie

• Guild Leader
    • View Profile
  • IGN: Persephone.5384
  • Server: Gandara
Re: PSDH and HoT?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2015, 08:19:55 PM »
Hey Xadine,

I don't think there is a similar thread yet. So good that you started one.

We have been talking about the features of HoT and we want to at least try to get a Guild Hall and make it as nice as possible. But useful features first.. excessive decoration later. We haven't decided if and how we are actively going to seek help for the Guild Hall fundings, allthough gifts are always welcome ;)

We are interested in doing World Bosses in HoT if they need the kind of coordination you need for Teq but more so TT wurm. We probably then need to make a new boss shedule. But we can't decide what to do until the new shedules for the boss rotations are known. So we are waiting to see what will come basicly.

I think the concept of raids could be awesome. They could be planned on Thursday to add to the rotation. This is something we haven't discussed that much yet.

Thats most that I remember, if I forgot something .. let me know :)

Kill the thingy!

Mr_Dark

• Guild Leader
    • View Profile
    • Darkweb
  • IGN: MrDark.9634
  • Server: Piken Square
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2015, 09:46:21 AM »
1) Teq and TT run:
With the release of HoT I expect a major loss of players for those events. During BWE1&2 TT failed because a lot of players where beta-testing and I believe it will be the same and probably even worse when HoT will be release.
I know that even I will probably focus on HoT for a while even though I still have a lot fo fun doing TT.
So I guess my question is, will you "purge" the guild or just declare some kind of "wait and see" situation?
We're fully aware that there will be less players when the expansion hits and we'll probably make a (temporary) new schedule to accommodate this. For example, instead of doing Teq/Wurm 4 times a week we'll only try to do it 2 times. The slots that come free from that can be filled with events/bosses which are introduced with HoT.

What do you mean by "purge the guild"? Because we do a purge every once in a while to clean up the guild of members who're not active (juts did one last Monday).

2) Guild Hall
I know PSDH isn't a "typical" guild. But it has a nice community and I'm pretty sure Guild Hall will require a lot of time and influence to get things done. I'm the kind of guy who like to feel usefull in his community (kinda why I go for crimson condi even though I don't like to condi)
Do you plan to claim a guild hall for PSDH or not? If it is YES, do you plan to ask financial/craft/stuff help?
Guild Halls will get an entire new currency for upgrading. I'm not sure how we can obtain that currency but I think it will be linked to Guild Missions. So if you want to help us, join Guild Missions :)

Before we get a Guild Hall we'll need to reclaim land from the Mordrem and we are probably going to need some help with that. Once the HoT expansion is here and Guild Halls are available we will quickly plan a new guild event to reclaim our land.

Financially we're in a pretty good zone at the moment, but donations are always welcome. What I remember from the Guild Halls news post most of the things you can add to the guild hall are going to craftable (new profession) and will be time gated. We'll have to see how this is going to workout.

3) HoT WB
There will be WB in HoT and they may overlap with other events like Teq or TT.
Do you have plans for those WB, and will you go for Teq or TT over them?
I'm not getting the WB abbreviation, probably missing something simple here.
But as said in point #1, we'll change our schedule to accommodate the new HoT events.

4) Raids
This one is more personnal. I love the concept of raids in general and I hate the concept of meta. I love to do a dungeon/raid with funny people that know their class instead of braindead meta group where you're not allow to fart.
I guess what I mean is, do you guys plan to run guilds raids? You know, with nice/fun players and where you're not force to go ele/war (based on the current meta, i've hope for a new less exclusive meta).

Yes! Raids will be done by PSDH. As a planned raid night or just on the fly when we have some players who want to do it.
I've been waiting a long time for something like this, so I'll be actively trying to form groups to do this.

5) Guild hall building agenda
Ok this one is just for fun. We know that their will be several features in guild hall, like the guild arena and the crafting lab...
Do you have an agenda? What do you aim for?

No agenda really, we don't even know what's going to be available.
One of the first things we want to get is the portal, so we can easily jump to maps for Guild Missions and hopefully other events. Other than that we will aim to make it a nice place were people actually want to come to and hang around before the events (like when you join teamspeak 30 min before an event).
Necro: Darkard | Warrior: Darkward | Ele: Darkauor | Thief: Darksantard | Guard: Darkguard

ThFH

• View Profile
  • IGN: ThFH.6048
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2015, 11:54:50 AM »
Thanks for posting it I also was wondering about the impact of Heart of Thorns.

Taking question one and three together I think that how Teq and TT currently work make them nice 'challenging' events that can be done both on one evening. With the release of HoT/the new zones the way events work in those zones will change, they are more like Drytop and Silver Wastes making the events last longer and map wide, eg the Verdant Brink area has events based on day and night making one event cycle two hours long. This changes the whole concept of how we as psdh do events currently since it means we can do only one dedicated event per night. This is something we will have to think about but since we do not even know the full details of the first map I think a propper decesion about this can only be made after the release of HoT and than it can still be a few weeks before we know the impact of these events.

Concerning Guild Halls aquiring them should be doable for every guild I do not know for sure but I think they said that even a 10 player guild can do it. One of the things that I was wondering about with guild halls is which one are we going to choose and are we going to discuss this with our partner guilds [ENI] and [DKAL] to see if it is possible to make both halls available to their members by both chosing the differen halls. This does not matter for the core functionallity of the hall, the only thing this offers is acces to the guild hall specific armour and weapos sets (one for each hall, same base skin different effects).

As for raids I am up to it I have never done it before but being a member of psdh has made me like more challenging group content. I agree with you on that we should not try to turn our meta's into becoming a meta thing, but with ten player groups and the difficulty of the event there might be some planning of which classes join wich raiding parties due to synergy between them. I hope that each of the trinity roles can indeed be fulfilled by at least 6 of the classes making it so that there will be lots of differen no meta possibilties.

(quick edit due to a little misunderstanding my side)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 01:37:43 PM by ThFH »

Kaelik_Wau

• Commander
    • View Profile
  • IGN: Chun.1970
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2015, 12:30:40 PM »
If there are any new maps in HoT like Dry Top/Silverwastes it would be nice if we did guild runs for them, and if there is a world boss(es) like Teq/TT I'm sure we'll be adding it to our schedule to try to beat it :)

About asking for financial/crafting/material help, it'll probably stay the same as it is now. Members are free to donate gold, materials, etc., if they want to.

About the guild hall, although it would be nice to organise which member is part of which guilds, and which guilds are taking which guild hall, so that players can have access to both. I think we should just make a poll and vote on it.

I'd really like us to do raids as a guild especially if meta builds aren't forced, but I guess it depends on the difficulty of the raids. Even if we escape the current meta builds, from what has been said about raids, players might need to be spec'd in specific ways to overcome a challenge, and that means new meta builds for raids incoming :P
Warrior: Kaelik Wau - Ele: Elementalist Sakki - Thief: Elis Solvfelt - Mesmer: Sybeil - Guard: Levare Corda - Rev: Revenant Sekk - Necro: Leis Norah - Engi: Engineer Lexxa

ThFH

• View Profile
  • IGN: ThFH.6048
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2015, 12:44:09 PM »

About the guild hall, although it would be nice to organise which member is part of which guilds, and which guilds are taking which guild hall, so that players can have access to both. I think we should just make a poll and vote on it.

I agree with you that it will never be possible to make every member happy, making a poll could be a good idea. I hope that before launch we will get one more blog about guildhalls and some more details so we can all discus it within our guilds. Also I am not sure if we should wait to long with claiming a guild hall or making a decission (maybe even before launch if we know enough about both halls) since there will be a lot that has to be rebuild again.

Mr_Dark

• Guild Leader
    • View Profile
    • Darkweb
  • IGN: MrDark.9634
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2015, 01:32:14 PM »
Concerning Guild Halls aquiring them should be doable for every guild I do not know for sure but I think they said that even a 10 player guild can do it. One of the things that I was wondering about with guild halls is which one are we going to choose and are we going to discuss this with our partner guilds [ENI], [DKAL] and [NL] to see if it is possible to make both halls available to their members by both chosing the differen halls. This does not matter for the core functionallity of the hall, the only thing this offers is acces to the guild hall specific armour and weapos sets (one for each hall, same base skin different effects).

As for which Guild Hall we're going to pick, it's going to be hard to please everyone. I might talk to some of our partner guilds (Eni, DKAL, Gray) to see which hall they're planning to pick and if they all choose the same we might pick the other.
Side note: [NL] is not a partner guild of [PSDH]. They just force themselves on our maps without notice and refuse to join our teamspeak.

On the other hand... To keep things fair and democratic we might set-up a poll so our members can vote for which guild hall they would like [PSDH] to acquire.

It's possible to switch guild halls, so if we don't like the first one we picked we can always move to the other.
Necro: Darkard | Warrior: Darkward | Ele: Darkauor | Thief: Darksantard | Guard: Darkguard

xadine

• View Profile
  • IGN: xadine
  • Server: Vizunah Square (FR)
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2015, 01:58:06 PM »
Wow So many answers so fast ^^
Ty every one for the answers.

@Dark

WB is for World Boss; I thought it was a well know abreviation since I saw it on every MMO I played.

What I mean by purge, is exactly the same as what you did last week. I was just wondering if you'll be doing another purge at HoT release. But for what I understand it is not planned.

I remind something about inviting people in your guild hall, and there is a lot of demand in the official forum to have some "alliance hall" wich can be hold by several small guild. Maybe with a bit (a lot) of luck we will be able to get 2-4 guilds in the same hall, and considering how huge it is suppose to be it will not be impossible.

@ThFh

I know Anet said that guild hall will be doable with a 10 members guild.. But they said the same for guild missions, and for some of them good luck to succed with only 10 players (doable but hardcore).

For what I understand, it will be 1 armor set and 2 weapon set. I use to believe 2 armor set but the official site say otherwise (but not clear when it come to the armor set)

Sure most WB will not have a hour-based spaw but I believe there will be huge event like TT that can't be random. Mordrem guard seems to be huge in HoT and so far Diarmid wasn't that powerfull (but very fun). I believe we will see event like "send XX mordrem back to mordremoth" or maybe event the 3 general in the same time. It would be such an epic event.

@Kaelik
For what we saw in beta VB is not exactly SW/DT-like. But we will probably need to farm them and if you want to organize a map for PSDH I'm all in. I can provide an extra commander if needed. During the BWE2 we manage to split the map between 7 commander to make every event in the same time but then you have to wait for the night for quite some time without event^^.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 02:01:14 PM by xadine »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal