CONNECT

Host: ts.psdh.eu
Password: None

* Recent Posts

Wintersday Extravaganza 2023 by Nova Lelie
[December 12, 2023, 09:52:49 PM]

IRL Meeting interest check by Mr_Dark
[February 10, 2023, 07:33:19 PM]

PSDH Seasonal Scary Spooky Strange Sacrificial (just kidding, or are we?) Sit-in by Mr_Dark
[October 18, 2022, 01:52:50 PM]

[ANN] Easter Eggstravaganza by Nova Lelie
[April 18, 2022, 01:55:17 PM]

Dragon's End by Nova Lelie
[March 21, 2022, 11:00:25 PM]

* Calendar

Sorry! There are no calendar events available at the moment.

* Upcoming Events

Stay Connected
Ever wanted a way to stay connected to your guildies outside of event times, or want to get notified 30 minutes before one of our events start?
Why not join the [PSDH] Discord? To join our Discord server, click on the link in this message or press the Discord logo on our banner at the top.

Author Topic: Raid Teams  (Read 19862 times)

pizzapunt

• A friendly Sylvari known as Ardi Veftvohl
    • View Profile
  • IGN: piza.9310
  • Server: Piken Square
Re: Raid Teams
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2016, 02:03:21 AM »
I have to agree with red. Since necro is the most tanky class in the game it would a waste to use carrion.

DKAL-Chris

• View Profile
  • IGN: Chris McSwag.4683
  • Server: Piken Square
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2016, 07:54:06 PM »
How "much damage youre getting out of it" is approximately 20-25% less than the meta setup, and that is even assuming that you run the same traits/sigils. The 6th bonus of the necromancer runes is also a complete waste in raids(and doubtful usefulness in fracs). Fortunately, swapping stats on ascended gear is a very trivial cost and with the update of loot in HoT areas it is both easy and pretty cheap to convert to viper.

I understand that there is a mentality to 'play how i want' in psdh in general, but if you wish to have any greater chance of success in raids  it does require people to pull their own weight. Carrion necro doesnt, and the same goes for PVT builds, chronos that arent (nearly) perma quickness etc.

Now, I dont wish to turn this thread into something else than what it was intended to be, however i figured that I'd share some of my raid knowledge (currently 115 legendary insights, in case you doubt my experience) before you invest too much in something that is sub optimal and will get you kicked from any PUG raid if they check gear.
Friendly Toxic Elitist

PilotA

• View Profile
  • IGN: flamboroughpilot.5602
  • Server: Gunnar's Hold
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2016, 03:48:10 AM »
It should probably be pointed out, as I think was done in the other thread, that the group that was raiding when these posts were originally made doesn't meet anymore. Obviously plenty of people raid and it's fine to use these to find each other but it's no longer any kind of official sign-up.

Now that's out of the way:

Ehhh, we'd been discussing this in game the other day, the reason I'm sticking with Carrion is because of how much damage I'm getting out of it. I use the Superior Rune of the Necromancer with it, I know Viper and Sinister are good options as well, I just don't want to go tweaking around a build that has worked so well for me thus far. "If it isn't broke, don't fix it." haha. I really do appreciate the advice, and if I happen upon any Viper/Sinister Exotics as drops I'll keep hold and switch them out and try it as a comparison and see how I like it, but having put gold into one build it would be a bit of a blow to change it up now, when what I have doesn't do badly at all anyways. So I'll keep it in mind and try it out as the chance arises, but unless it makes a really huge difference I'll probably stick with this build. If that makes sense?

You didn't really give an indication of being interested in raiding with your gear, at least during the bits of the discussion I saw :D So this gets tricky. It's already been outlined why viper's/sinister is superior so I won't bang on about that. But you really do need to bring the best you can bring to a raid. For anything else, yes, run whatever you please and enjoy it!

I have to agree with red. Since necro is the most tanky class in the game it would a waste to use carrion.

There's an argument to be made for building vitality on a power Reaper - you can take some/all valkyrie gear and still crit cap because of traits (exact setup potentially dependent on party buffs - if anyone's interested in this I'm happy to explain in detail in game ^^) and get your extra shroud duration. However this is moot in this discussion for a couple of reasons, namely that there is very little reason to take power gear on a necro to raids when the condi build is so damn great, and that staying in shroud for extended periods of time isn't really a part of the rotation so there's no need for it.

Too many characters, send help.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal