CONNECT

Host: ts.psdh.eu
Password: None

* Recent Posts

Wintersday Extravaganza 2023 by Nova Lelie
[December 12, 2023, 09:52:49 pm]

IRL Meeting interest check by Mr_Dark
[February 10, 2023, 07:33:19 pm]

PSDH Seasonal Scary Spooky Strange Sacrificial (just kidding, or are we?) Sit-in by Mr_Dark
[October 18, 2022, 01:52:50 pm]

[ANN] Easter Eggstravaganza by Nova Lelie
[April 18, 2022, 01:55:17 pm]

Dragon's End by Nova Lelie
[March 21, 2022, 11:00:25 pm]

* Calendar

Sorry! There are no calendar events available at the moment.

* Upcoming Events

Stay Connected
Ever wanted a way to stay connected to your guildies outside of event times, or want to get notified 30 minutes before one of our events start?
Why not join the [PSDH] Discord? To join our Discord server, click on the link in this message or press the Discord logo on our banner at the top.

Author Topic: 'Tis the time for festivities (SOON™)  (Read 4450 times)

Sabetha

• View Profile
  • IGN: Sabetha.4910
  • Server: Gunnar's Hold
'Tis the time for festivities (SOON™)
« on: November 30, 2015, 10:55:33 am »
Hey folks, November's almost done and dusted with, and December is coming up.

And there's apparently this festive day some 25 days later where people throw presents at other people's faces (I wouldn't know, being Asian ;)). Which brings to mind a conversation I had with a lovely guardian of ours some months ago.

Two words: Secret Santa. Yes. Secret Santa.

We were thinking it'd be nice if the guild did something like that, where people could gift stuff to each other based on well, their preferences (and needs) in GW2. Say, someone who needs to make ascended armor could get jewelled damask patches, or even a recipe for an armor piece that saves some gold. Or perhaps you've always wanted that one legendary, and just lack a stack or two or ancient wood to make the gift for it... you get my drift.

Building on this, I was also thinking of a raffle where everyone would contribute one item of their choice, and then everyone gets to draw from the pot (excluding the item they gave, obviously)!

What say you?
I've finally found what I was looking for
A place where I can be without remorse
Because I am a stranger who has found
An even stranger war

Here I come

Nova Lelie

• Guild Leader
    • View Profile
  • IGN: Persephone.5384
  • Server: Gandara
Re: 'Tis the time for festivities (SOON™)
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2015, 11:05:11 am »
Sounds like a cool idea.. I'm in.. If you need some help etc.. poke me .. ill gladly help you guys set it up (if needed) and can share some wisdom I learned whilst me and Gem did the lottery ..
Kill the thingy!

Adotiln Urthadar

• View Profile
  • IGN: Adotiln Urthadar.1823
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2015, 02:02:05 pm »
Hi All,

Anna was going to make a post about this soon, so I'll poke her when I get home so she can explain how it would work!
Guardian: Adotiln Urthadar
Necromancer: Krisyns Darksbane
Mesmer: Elril Darkeyes

Gruumsh

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2015, 02:59:12 pm »
Guys not sure how aware you are, but last year we had this organized by reddit group of ppl with Malf under "http://secrettoymaker.com/". Maybe contact Malf about it ? I dont know how many of you took part in it, but my xp on this was superb. Ill say, i did not get my gift , i think there was glitch in matchup, but my gift to player i got to sent to, was amazing ! Person who got my gift was really happy with it and i got amazing reply.
To me, getting happy response from random person was best gift i got in that year (ye ye i know MF hate me ....) !
So in any case , however you chose to do this i would like to be part of it and i think its amazing idea !
Cheers !

PilotA

• View Profile
  • IGN: flamboroughpilot.5602
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2015, 03:26:58 pm »
Aforementioned guardian here... Welp, there goes my draft I guess xD

I'm aware of the reddit Toymaker exchanges, it would be nice also to do a small one just for the guild though - and nothing to stop people getting involved with both, what fun!

Basically, when I've run this sort of thing for forum-using communities in the past, it works well to have everyone who wishes to take part sign up either by posting in a thread or PM'ing the organiser with just a few details: in this case, your in-game name and some notes about yourself and the things you might be interested in receiving. After a certain cut-off date everyone would then be 'matched' - which I should still have a document for doing, somewhere! - anonymously and the details provided will be passed on to each person's respective match (2 people wouldn't be just paired with each other, a chain/round system is better). Then, when you know whom your recipient is and what they want, you can either send the gift directly to them, or to me to pass on if you'd prefer to retain the anonymous element :D and that would just need to be done by a second cut-off date, which might be best to have be after Christmas itself to accomodate for people's fluctuating schedules around that time. Finally, you can post about what you were gifted and ~share the love~!

In case of any gifts not received there would also be a back-up plan, so no worries about someone flaking out on you; as long as you did your part, you'll have something :) though honestly I suspect this wouldn't be much of an issue in PSDH. Just in case, after the second cut-off date would be the time say "hey, I didn't get mah stuffs" and it will be looked into ;)

Additionally, whilst it obviously isn't all about the gold worth of the items, it sometimes helps to make a recommendation regarding how much one might consider spending. In this case, I'd suggest aiming for your gifts to have a value of 5g or more. This also doesn't need to be what you spend since they could of course come from resources you already have ^_^ but it's by no means a hard limit and you can obviously feel free to go as much above that as you like. The idea is more to pitch a figure that can cover a meaningful amount of stuff without excluding anymore with more limited funds (on which note, if you want to take part but are struggling with gold/mats for whatever reason, let me know and we'll figure something out).

This is a pretty good time for this all to get rolling so, let's go for this: if you'd like to take part, please sign up by Thursday 17th of December. Include some way of contacting you in-game, so your account and/or a character name, and a few ideas about what might be a good gift for you (Had your eyes on a pricey sigil or two? Missed an old festival reward and never got around to buying it on the tp? Need one last item for a collection? Do you like... quaggan tonics? Coo!). This can just be done on these forums so I've made a thread over here http://psdh.eu/index.php?topic=1160 to keep everything tidy, or, if you'd prefer, messaged to me - Anoussja / flamboroughpilot.5602

Once you know the details of your giftee (I'll try and sort the matches speedily, by that weekend, say) please ensure you send to them, directly or via me, by Thursday 31st of December. New Year's Eve, easy to remember! Any issues can be resolved then, but I'm sure most of the results will be 'Yay, look at this awesome gift!' :3

We should do a raffle as well, it doesn't have the personal element that matched gifting has but could be a really nice option for people who don't necessarily have time to commit to the whole process. Shal can you organise that? :D

Too many characters, send help.

Gruumsh

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2015, 03:32:22 pm »
Well we all know what gifts will shala get :D.
Anyway, im in, just, remind me :S, i tend to forget thing :(.

Sabetha

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2015, 07:17:49 pm »
We should do a raffle as well, it doesn't have the personal element that matched gifting has but could be a really nice option for people who don't necessarily have time to commit to the whole process. Shal can you organise that? :D

I can yes, but I think we need to set a minimum and maximum of gold value that goes into the raffle -- I'd like people to not get something worth only a copper, but at the same time throwing in a Greatsaw skin is probably far too much as well.
An even stranger war

Here I come

PilotA

• View Profile
  • IGN: flamboroughpilot.5602
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2015, 04:06:00 pm »
I can yes, but I think we need to set a minimum and maximum of gold value that goes into the raffle -- I'd like people to not get something worth only a copper, but at the same time throwing in a Greatsaw skin is probably far too much as well.

Well sure :) feel free to arrange as you see fit. Got any figures in mind?

Too many characters, send help.

Sabetha

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2015, 07:51:12 pm »
Well sure :) feel free to arrange as you see fit. Got any figures in mind?

Does 1750 gold min and max sound perfectly reasonable? XD

I haven't thought of a number yet, any suggestions?
An even stranger war

Here I come

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal