CONNECT

Host: ts.psdh.eu
Password: None

* Recent Posts

Wintersday Extravaganza 2023 by Nova Lelie
[December 12, 2023, 09:52:49 pm]

IRL Meeting interest check by Mr_Dark
[February 10, 2023, 07:33:19 pm]

PSDH Seasonal Scary Spooky Strange Sacrificial (just kidding, or are we?) Sit-in by Mr_Dark
[October 18, 2022, 01:52:50 pm]

[ANN] Easter Eggstravaganza by Nova Lelie
[April 18, 2022, 01:55:17 pm]

Dragon's End by Nova Lelie
[March 21, 2022, 11:00:25 pm]

* Calendar

Sorry! There are no calendar events available at the moment.

* Upcoming Events

Stay Connected
Ever wanted a way to stay connected to your guildies outside of event times, or want to get notified 30 minutes before one of our events start?
Why not join the [PSDH] Discord? To join our Discord server, click on the link in this message or press the Discord logo on our banner at the top.

Author Topic: New Shatterer  (Read 5313 times)

Tva

• Commander
  • aka: Shiroiki Mei
    • View Profile
  • IGN: Tvasan.8075
  • Server: Far Shiverpeaks
New Shatterer
« on: January 15, 2016, 10:07:45 am »
This sounds like its going to be intresting, and also that its going to kill alot of people but at least they pesky achivment for getting people out of crystals should be less RNG

Havent had a chance to try it out yet but those that have let us know what you think of it. Is it something worth PSDH doing from time to time now?

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/meet-the-new-shatterer/

pizzapunt

• A friendly Sylvari known as Ardi Veftvohl
    • View Profile
  • IGN: piza.9310
  • Server: Piken Square
Re: New Shatterer
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2016, 10:56:11 am »
http://dulfy.net/2016/01/14/gw2-the-shatterer-reborn-details/

It highly depends on the difficulty. Voted Event Night probably but a regular thing... eh... might be, who knows.

Sabetha

• View Profile
  • IGN: Sabetha.4910
  • Server: Gunnar's Hold
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2016, 02:46:00 pm »
Well, we are 'dragon hunters', and we do Tequatl twice a week, and Claw of Jormag during guild missions, so...

Anyway, I read another article on the Shatterer redesign here (http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/473/feature/10478/Guild-Wars-2-The-Shatterer-Reborn.html) and it provides some extra details, like:

1. Four custom-made Branded are now summoned.
Stun breaks and condi cleanses are going to be needed a lot more than before, so I would assume that two of these four at least will knockdown and have a condi burst (probably 10+ stacks) respectively. They will also have break bars, and given the toughness of the Mordrem champions in Magus Falls, I would assume something similar (albeit scaled-down) happens here. So to prevent them from being a nuisance, we may need specialized kill squads like the husk teams for TT.

2. Healing crystals heal a lot more now, and have break bars too.
According to Anet's Andrew Gray, we won't be able to just out-DPS the crystals' healing, so shattering (pun not quite intended) them is a must. Might need a special squad for this too, especially for CC-rich classes. Reaper, staff Revenant and Berserker, perhaps?

3. The Shatterer itself will have a CC phase akin to the Mouth of Mordremoth's bomb phase.
It will do one devastating attack apparently, and CC-ing it successfully prevents this (also reminds me of the defense phase from Tequatl). Again, need tons of CC.

4. Some achievements were mentioned.
Gray mentioned stuff like:

- Break the Shatterer's bar every time it phases and beat it.
- Kill its summoned minions.
- Destroy the crystals.
- Have 'questionable positioning' during the start of the fight. I assume this means getting killed or damaged when stacking in the usual spot.

And I wouldn't be too surprised if failing something in the event, or even the event itself was another achievement. Maybe even not getting hit by lightning while gliding, which means everyone will need stealth gliding mastery at least to get it.

I am very interested in seeing how this turns out, also hoping the backpiece is good or I will eat a quaggan raw.

I've finally found what I was looking for
A place where I can be without remorse
Because I am a stranger who has found
An even stranger war

Here I come

Rediarel

• Guild Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2016, 09:18:09 am »
this cc thing is getting old sincerely... and other team achievements seriously anet should drop this stuff.

Sabetha

• View Profile
  • IGN: Sabetha.4910
  • Server: Gunnar's Hold
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2016, 03:42:57 pm »
Someone did the Shatterer on Anet's test server and he thinks it's between CoJ and Teq in terms of difficulty: http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/473/feature/10513/Guild-Wars-2-Now-With-More-Shattering.html
A place where I can be without remorse
Because I am a stranger who has found
An even stranger war

Here I come

Mr_Dark

• Guild Leader
    • View Profile
    • Darkweb
  • IGN: MrDark.9634
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2016, 05:23:41 pm »
So, not hard at all then, because I mean.. Teq is already boring to do.

In other news: All your Shatterer badges are belong to us!
Necro: Darkard | Warrior: Darkward | Ele: Darkauor | Thief: Darksantard | Guard: Darkguard

gemgenie

• The Cake Thief
    • View Profile
  • IGN: gemgenie.4560
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2016, 10:56:59 am »
Following on from last night it's better than it used to be but it will get old quickly i believe, certainly quicker than Teq. Teq without some degree of coordination still fails.

I know we were spread out across 3 maps last night but the one I was on was totally disorganised running round like headless chickens and they still got a very easy kill. It basically need little to no coordination.

Personally I would put this down as the Tues or Thursday event for a month with no vote to get the achis, then drop it back to being in the voted for rotation as part of the boss train.

From a guild growth perspective I don't think it gives us any advantage as it's easily pug able so people won't feel the need to join the Guild as it's not needed for a kill on this Dragon.

Could still do a little advertising at Shatterer though. Something along the lines of "You enjoy killing dragons? Want to become a full time slayer? Check out PSDH at www.psdh.eu" need to work tt in there somehow as well though.

Kaelik_Wau

• Commander
    • View Profile
  • IGN: Chun.1970
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2016, 05:21:04 pm »
The only thing that might need some organisation is the No-Fly Zone or Smash The Dragon achievs, since they require coordinated use of CCs. Other than that, new Shatterer is very very puggable
Warrior: Kaelik Wau - Ele: Elementalist Sakki - Thief: Elis Solvfelt - Mesmer: Sybeil - Guard: Levare Corda - Rev: Revenant Sekk - Necro: Leis Norah - Engi: Engineer Lexxa

Sami

• View Profile
  • IGN: Molesworth.1684
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2016, 05:37:38 pm »
Just wondering whether we could do some organised runs to help people get the achievements where you need to stop the dragon taking off?  It is pretty tricky without coordination.  GW2 Community are doing runs, but so many people turn up, it's pot luck even getting into a map.

Mr_Dark

• Guild Leader
    • View Profile
    • Darkweb
  • IGN: MrDark.9634
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2016, 11:59:30 am »
We've been doing Shatterer on our voted guild event nights (Tuesday or Thursday), but not many people are showing up :( If we have enough people showing up then we can organize a jump and try to claim a map so we can do it properly.

Vote here: http://psdh.eu/index.php?topic=611.0
Necro: Darkard | Warrior: Darkward | Ele: Darkauor | Thief: Darksantard | Guard: Darkguard

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal