CONNECT

Host: ts.psdh.eu
Password: None

* Recent Posts

Wintersday Extravaganza 2023 by Nova Lelie
[December 12, 2023, 09:52:49 pm]

IRL Meeting interest check by Mr_Dark
[February 10, 2023, 07:33:19 pm]

PSDH Seasonal Scary Spooky Strange Sacrificial (just kidding, or are we?) Sit-in by Mr_Dark
[October 18, 2022, 01:52:50 pm]

[ANN] Easter Eggstravaganza by Nova Lelie
[April 18, 2022, 01:55:17 pm]

Dragon's End by Nova Lelie
[March 21, 2022, 11:00:25 pm]

* Calendar

Sorry! There are no calendar events available at the moment.

* Upcoming Events

Stay Connected
Ever wanted a way to stay connected to your guildies outside of event times, or want to get notified 30 minutes before one of our events start?
Why not join the [PSDH] Discord? To join our Discord server, click on the link in this message or press the Discord logo on our banner at the top.

Author Topic: Event schedule discussion  (Read 16435 times)

arukAdo

• View Profile
  • IGN: arukAdo.2047
  • Server: Piken Square
Re: Event schedule discussion
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2016, 09:58:16 am »
I think its important to know what we are talking about, the game is design around casual gameplay and players, and psdh overall attitude towards its own activities make sence considering that, the only requierement is ts and nothing else, I think psdh makes a lovely and efficient casual guild, so it would be kinda absurd to change that.

The thing is, events are design casual, that means they are suppose to be done by any players going in and out, randomly or in a guild thats not a revelant detail.
For some reasons anet failed that with TT, due to bad design with the eggs and their cooldown, it didnt worked out as they intended the event to work.
May I remind the oldest members around that in the LA invasion, pugs map would actually kill the 3 knights, or if you go farther in time theres also marionette ect...
The real point here is TT is an anomaly, it was suppose to work out for pugs (coz the game is design like that) but it doesnt for some stupid little details on the event itself.
It is actually hard to find a map that fail Tequalt, its not impossible, just very low occurence, and the large majority will kill it.

From there you have to ask yourselves whats the real objective with the schedule, if its to try to rectify anet stupidity to not update their events, its probly a bad move.
In that regard, it mean it doesnt matter how hard/easy/long/short any given event is, we shouldnt be here for those aspects, aside from the TT anomaly.
We are rather here to play together than to obtain a loot, or kill a boss, given all that is possible without any guild, several times a day.

So the schedule should be really all about players availability and convenance.
It is obvious, in a casual fashion, that having a floating schedule doesnt help, but it wouldnt matter as much, if it was just copy/paste into the message of the day, for convenance, ppl can casually plan up for a week, but for 2 maybe its a bit too much of info.
Dinner and lunch times might not be the most easy schedule to go with, there are others spawn time we could use as well, or choose ourselves the schedule with guild spawn.

In my opinion the event itself doesnt matter, neither its difficulty or easyness, the real thing that matters is to have fellow members to play with, mostly.
For instance, transforming a TT into another event, due to lack of (specific...) players, should be a solution, at least we get to do something together, wich should be the only point for participating in the first place.

Zorkesh

• View Profile
  • IGN: Zorkesh
  • Server: Gunnar's Hold
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2016, 11:19:34 am »
For instance, transforming a TT into another event, due to lack of (specific...) players, should be a solution, at least we get to do something together, wich should be the only point for participating in the first place.

I like your suggestion for alternatives if we fail to get enough people for TT sometimes. And I do agree that the the point of PSDH should also be to have fun with your fellow guildies :)

arukAdo

• View Profile
  • IGN: arukAdo.2047
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2016, 02:19:14 pm »
Maybe we could use a poll or two, not about what to do on wich days, but instead simply what days and hours ppl want the most, and eventually the frequency at wich they want to participate or for how long they want to play.

If the majority want to play 4+ times per week, and 2h on average, then your current system is not bad and well adapted by cycling the events.
In this case maybe the current issue of low population is rather on the hours we are doing it.

For the dinner issue u could for exemple, take the same days, and just do it an hour or two later, or reverse the order, first TT then spawn manually Teq after.

Since events are cycled to allow everybody to do it on any given day, repetition is probly not necessary, maybe one TT/teq per week is enought, and allow for a different event per week.
Keeping in mind the difficulty doesnt matter, it is likely we will have more people joining for HoT maps than core content.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 02:28:13 pm by arukAdo »

Tweetiti

• Commander
    • View Profile
  • IGN: Tweetiti.4905
  • Server: Gunnar's Hold
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2016, 03:37:16 pm »
I know it's only the end fo Feb but when the daylight Saving wil kick in we will have people having issue adjusting. On the contrary for me events are way too early at the mo, specially during the week I come home at 7ish so that's a bit tight for me to attend some.

gemgenie

• The Cake Thief
    • View Profile
  • IGN: gemgenie.4560
« Reply #19 on: February 29, 2016, 07:09:57 pm »
I agree Tweets the evening events for me at the moment are more difficult to get to than the weekend ones - due to time constraints with regards to working hours for both me and my husband. To make it to evening events right now i currently have to have dinner on the go as soon as i get through the door in the evening and i still sometimes miss Teq.

Weeks where my husband is on lates though are even more of an issue as he doesnt walk through the door until the point when we are jumping.

now hopefully the clock change will help me with this effectivly giving me an extra hour. On the flip side it makes TT a bit late for people who are GMT plus 2 etc.

What im trying to get at is that at any point of the year we are always going to have some people affected more than others as is the nature of a multinational guild.

Yes we could look at guild spawning but with those also coming through scribing now its yet another cost to the guild so would have to be something looked into fully rather than willy nilly (god i love that phrase ;)!! )- especially as theres 4 events a week that we can do that with currently (2 Teq and 2 TT) so it could be pricey- now add in the fact that we are having to pick up people from lfg a lot recently or just those already in the map "just in case an organised map is running" - if we start guild spawning at non std times the chances of getting enough to run the event may drop even more as people are not expecting it then. Really the guild spawns work best if either a) you have a huge guild that struggle to fit  in a map if there are randoms (so you can wait until theres not the lets see if someone turns up crowd there) or b) you had a close call buggered up by people not listening so you call it on ts for people to hang round for guild spawn - that way people not listening leave the map and your left with pretty much a full listening run - this we used to do a lot in the past before we started getting regular kills

Rediarel

• Guild Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2016, 07:22:23 pm »
So today I did a gathering run on sparkly fen before tequatl spawn got like 2x the gold than the liquid gold from tequatl in gathered mats. If it was organized including the champion which protect some of that gathering would probably be even better returns. (15min)

gemgenie

• The Cake Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2016, 11:03:40 am »
Sorry red I fail to see your point there. We all know that a Teq spawn area and turrets left ungraded for 15 mins before Teq spawns will only result in 4 random commander tags appearing and turrets with random pugs on them when we return for something like a gathering run.

Although in principle doing something like that sounds fantastic for all the extra mats or gold if you sell them it would only really be a feasible option if we get our numbers back to the point where we can jump in and pretty much fill the map on our own with PSDH members.

As numbers stand right now (averaging 20 to 25 for Teq out of a guild of nearly 400 people!) Then leaving the Teq spawn area "Unguarded" will only end up in us loosing our map to another guild or pug commanders. In reality we would need to be getting 100 to 150 people for Teq for that to be feasible.

So maybe something for the future once/if we get numbers and attendance back to a good place.

Rediarel

• Guild Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2016, 12:04:29 pm »
i can give you a way to get out of that problem giving people a way to use that time and as an incentive to get org fast.
Unfortunately it means sacrifice from commanders (or multiple accounts)

practically commander stay on spot and another commander does the gathering run: i see people already doing it from psdh so essentially it's giving an org to stuff people already do to pass the time

gemgenie

• The Cake Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2016, 12:58:19 pm »
Already thought of that before my last post. You bringing all your accounts to guard each commander spot then :P

We would also need the turret terse to "sacrifice" the gathering run as well and stay on their turrets. Saturdays run Kailek had 3 non PSDH people on his turrets and we hit 16 scales out of 20 on Teq. I was there desperately say chatting that I would take over a turret if people didn't know what to do but no one dropped off. So yeah to avoid that and possible bone walls turrets would also have to stay on their turrets meaning they would also miss out, and we are having enough issues getting 6 turreters at the moment let alone if there's the temptation of a gathering run.

Like I said more a thing for when we have better numbers from our side jumping into the map in my honest opinion. Or we risk having a bad run which then impacts on advertising for people to join us at TT afterwards. If we can't get the basic events like Teq right why would anyone stick around for the more complex ones?

gemgenie

• The Cake Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2016, 01:03:35 pm »
How long does the gathering run take btw?? As we were initially talking about putting the jump to map backwards so we were waiting round less.

Like I said I like the idea but as things stand right now it would just increase the risk of a bad run.

Other option could be however to do it after Teq and jump to Taidha as she starts...that would need people to be arranged in squads, including condi and egg blockers so we jump in kill the pirate queen and then go back for walk through.

Would, d that be an option to fill time without jeopardising a successful Teq or tt run or does the gathering run take longer? Could, d we work our way up the map and just do a coordinated walk through the portals into the TT map?

Rediarel

• Guild Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2016, 01:42:04 pm »
i've only 3 accounts with commander tag and one is in NA so i wouldn't be able to cover regardless all positions, and in the accounts without commander tag i don't even have HoT, so no mentor either. Nice try but to the limits possible to me wouldn't change much :P

Gathering runs work like this first you go to the north wp ocean's gullet wp and run through the path to the jp and do the jp, then flamefrog waypoint go to the cave with the spider and kill it, then aleem's waypoint for that flying champion and then the troll, last one is the shark again at ocean's gullet. You gather through the way: troll spider and the jp have nice rich nodes near them. You can take some time to do the event near tequatl spawn (it gives champion bags if you upscale it). This should give best throughput in less time as you've a zerg which can finish champions fast.

Also this run allows repeat so practically you can continue ad infinitum. So there is no upper or lower limit of it. you've x time you can do as much as you can with that x time and then cut it. Practically similar to what we do with TD.

But this isn't exactly the run i do in the morning as i cannot afford soloing champions i usually do only the jp part then run through the south erratically. This can take up to 15-20 mins depending how many nodes and how spread i want to do the search (as i chase not rich/fixed nodes as well this way). The jp part is no more than 5 mins when losing time with the cauliflowers.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 01:44:10 pm by Rediarel »

gemgenie

• The Cake Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2016, 02:41:46 pm »
How about on Wednesday this week we try the later jump into Teq, 15 mins before spawn,see if we can group fast,  do Teq,  then do gathering run while people join squads for TT then jump into TT 5 mins before walk through. Then spam the hell out of map chat for pugs to join us.

We don't have Taidha on Wednesday so it won't jeopardise that too much but want to be in map with enough time to get pugs onto teamspeak. Also if we sort squads for TT out before jump and the numbers are looking low we can cut the gating run off early and jump to TT to taxi people in.

Thoughts???

Super Mini Tank

• :: Quod me nutrit, me destruit ::
    • View Profile
    • me
  • IGN: Chesterakos.2804
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2016, 11:54:02 am »
Sounds like a feasible plan to me.

gemgenie

• The Cake Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2016, 07:14:40 pm »
Ok so we tried 2 new things yesterday - time to give your feedback on how you thought it went.

1) Later jump to Teq - did you like hanging round less? - from a personal point of view i like hanging round less BUT I think we were still having to ask for turret and defense teams for far too long. I think we got lucky with the jump in that one of the maps our commanders landed on was totally empty which helped.

2) Gathering run we did after Teq - Thoughts? - again my views liked the fact we did something a bit different and the chance at a bit extra Champ look and of course some wood and metal never goes amiss - sadly i felt it impacted on our ability to organise TT - late into map and having to LFG huge amounts meant we started walkthroughs late and that may have somewhat had an impact on last nights failure - along with the issues getting people onto teamspeak (hits head against a brick wall)

Super Mini Tank

• :: Quod me nutrit, me destruit ::
    • View Profile
    • me
  • IGN: Chesterakos.2804
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2016, 07:31:21 pm »
Considerable thoughts gem but I feel that any change needs a bit more time to mature in order to draw safe conclusions. My point on the matter is that it would be wise to go with the change a bit more times and come back to them for adjustments.

Although if we do fail TT again, which should be unlikely otherwise, then the gathering run will need to be changed somehow.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal