CONNECT

Host: ts.psdh.eu
Password: None

* Recent Posts

Wintersday Extravaganza 2023 by Nova Lelie
[December 12, 2023, 09:52:49 pm]

IRL Meeting interest check by Mr_Dark
[February 10, 2023, 07:33:19 pm]

PSDH Seasonal Scary Spooky Strange Sacrificial (just kidding, or are we?) Sit-in by Mr_Dark
[October 18, 2022, 01:52:50 pm]

[ANN] Easter Eggstravaganza by Nova Lelie
[April 18, 2022, 01:55:17 pm]

Dragon's End by Nova Lelie
[March 21, 2022, 11:00:25 pm]

* Calendar

Sorry! There are no calendar events available at the moment.

* Upcoming Events

Stay Connected
Ever wanted a way to stay connected to your guildies outside of event times, or want to get notified 30 minutes before one of our events start?
Why not join the [PSDH] Discord? To join our Discord server, click on the link in this message or press the Discord logo on our banner at the top.

Author Topic: [RL] UK Meeting 2016  (Read 26156 times)

Mr_Dark

• Guild Leader
    • View Profile
    • Darkweb
  • IGN: MrDark.9634
  • Server: Piken Square
[RL] UK Meeting 2016
« on: May 10, 2016, 12:32:04 pm »
Update: Date has been picked! The meeting will be held the weekend of August 27th and 28th. Sign-up link can be found below.
Update 2: Official sign-up has been closed. You may still join us but you'll have to organize food and such yourself.

Official sign-up closes Sunday June 5th
After the sign-up is closed you can still come to the meeting, but you will not be calculated in our restaurant booking and goody-bag.

As some of you might have heard on Teamspeak - or seen on the PSDH Facebook - last week (May 5th) we had a small real-life PSDH meeting with a few of our members and guild leaders (me, Nova (+ hubby), Refur, Quget, Shalashia (+friend)). We had a pretty good time and started discussing about doing an other meeting, in the UK so more people have an opportunity to come over.

It would be the great if lots of people could join us, we'd first have to determine a date on which everyone is able to come over. I'm thinking a weekend in June, July or August would be the best, so everyone had time to prepare and most of you have summer holiday by then.

I think Gemgenie said we should go to Nottingham, but I'm not 100% sure about this. Will come back to this later.
Yes Nottingham. It's central to the UK. Good transport links (East Midlands airport is local with a bus service straight from the airport to town). Storm and Shiroki both live there, I'm about 30 mins down the main motorway then 20 mins on the tram into town. Good pubs, good food and some history/touristy stuff to do if people want it.

Also has one of the better Rock nightclubs in the country which could appeal to a lot of the Guildies .... we will just tell Novs she has to come lol wink emoticon....but in seriousness it runs 3 rooms with different types of music so there should be something for everyone if we decided to finish the night there. Otherwise we could just hang out round town.

Best of all because it's not "down south" it's a bit cheeper than London

Phase 1 - Please pick the dates on which you are available:
http://doodle.com/poll/7c5z4myeqbgep84b
At the end of next week (around the 19th) we'll close the poll and pick the final dates.

Phase 2 - Date has been picked! August 27th & 28th!
Next up we have to organize a couple of things, like travel and hotel. When you're 100% sure you're coming please post a reply in this thread and also specify with how many. We need to know this so we - later on - can reserve a table somewhere for food and a drink, plus it's nice to know how big the group is going to be.
Even if you didn't participate in the date picking you're still welcome to join us!

Since some people have to travel from far and not everyone has a car or their public transport connection is not optimal, I'd like to start a carpooling list.
Post a reply in this thread if:
- you're traveling by car, have some seats left and wouldn't mind a travel buddy
- you want to come but public transport sucks and you're looking for a ride

Please supply the following information:
- What is your starting location?
- How many people (can you take)?
- How far are you willing to travel to pick someone up?

Yes! Sign me up!
Great! Please fill-out the following form:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1zEp2OdE0n9OrJ9CseiAoWWJ4IL8vYqjmXFGhTdJHIYw

Sign-up is closed

If you have any great ideas or things we can do while we're all together, please let us know :)

Official sign-up closes Sunday June 5th
After the sign-up is closed you can still come to the meeting, but you will not be calculated in our restaurant booking and goody-bag.

More Information
Some more info about hotels and dining.

Hotel
If you don't live in Nottingham you'll probably have to book a hotel. The following two hotels are in the center and are also booked by some guildies.

Hilton Nottingham
https://www.tripadvisor.nl/Hotel_Review-g186356-d192645-Reviews-Hilton_Nottingham-Nottingham_Nottinghamshire_England.html

People staying:
- Mr_Dark
- Gemgenie
- Zorkesh
- Kevorkian

Roomzzz
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g186356-d240242-Reviews-Roomzzz_Nottingham_City-Nottingham_Nottinghamshire_England.html

People staying:
- Tweetiti

Restaurant
We'll be trying to book a table at Annies Burger Shack. This place as a big variety of burgers (beef, chicken and veggie), so it should have something for everyone. According to Gem this is a really nice place, the food is good and it's not too expensive.

Menu: http://www.anniesburgershack.com/Content/Menu/Annie%20Menu%20-%20March%202016.pdf

When the official sign-ups close we will try to book a table for everyone. If you're joining later you're free to also try to get a table there. More info about this later.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 11:53:55 am by Mr_Dark »
Necro: Darkard | Warrior: Darkward | Ele: Darkauor | Thief: Darksantard | Guard: Darkguard

Nova Lelie

• Guild Leader
    • View Profile
  • IGN: Persephone.5384
  • Server: Gandara
Re: [RL] UK Meeting
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2016, 02:16:52 pm »
Hyped!
Kill the thingy!

Tweetiti

• Commander
    • View Profile
  • IGN: Tweetiti.4905
  • Server: Gunnar's Hold
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2016, 02:29:44 pm »
When we do RL meetings with my guild we book a big table in a pub for the day and play boardgames until 10PM, we need to think of activities.

Mr_Dark

• Guild Leader
    • View Profile
    • Darkweb
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2016, 03:11:31 pm »
When we do RL meetings with my guild we book a big table in a pub for the day and play boardgames until 10PM, we need to think of activities.

Cards against Humanity? ;)
Necro: Darkard | Warrior: Darkward | Ele: Darkauor | Thief: Darksantard | Guard: Darkguard

Refur

• View Profile
  • IGN: refur.3402
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2016, 03:15:25 pm »
Cards ah +1
scribble scribble scribble

Tweetiti

• Commander
    • View Profile
  • IGN: Tweetiti.4905
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2016, 03:43:10 pm »

gemgenie

• The Cake Thief
    • View Profile
  • IGN: gemgenie.4560
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2016, 03:51:46 pm »
Food wise I will just throw out the idea of Annies. It's a f'ing amazing burger restaurant run by a bonifidi Yank and Damn does she know what she's doing!! It's one of my favorite places to go eat in Nottingham. Will link the website when I'm not on a crappy connection.

Non of you lot are weird enough to not like burgers are you?? (Beef, Chicken and Vegi options of the burgers are available and they are pretty good at dealing with odd food alergies as well)

Downside is it gets REALLY busy so prebooking for a big group would be essential with a fair bit of notice (late additions would be pretty much out of the question).

EDIT : Because it's so popular booking a table for the whole day wouldn't work either it would be go there for food then off to somewhere else.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 03:53:48 pm by gemgenie »

Sabetha

• View Profile
  • IGN: Sabetha.4910
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2016, 06:49:02 pm »
Okay so I can do June (and early July until the 10th). I can't confirm yet though. I just got an application to volunteer at Download accepted and I'm considering whether to go or not.
I've finally found what I was looking for
A place where I can be without remorse
Because I am a stranger who has found
An even stranger war

Here I come

gemgenie

• The Cake Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2016, 08:32:10 pm »
Jut Shal your not a guildie anymore :P ;)

Kevorkian

• View Profile
  • IGN: Kevorkian.5913
  • Server: Seafarer's Rest
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2016, 09:34:39 pm »
I'm 160miles, 3 hours by car away from Nottingham so will be driving up. Can't wait, this is going to be awesome :)
Also would be great if we can all stay in the same hotel.

Mr_Dark

• Guild Leader
    • View Profile
    • Darkweb
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2016, 10:02:06 pm »
Great! I'm pretty sure this is going to be epic :)

Don't forget to let us know which weekends you are (not) available. We will try to pick the weekend which most people are available!

Refur

• View Profile
  • IGN: refur.3402
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2016, 11:03:14 pm »
 wich of these  dates has the best weather in the uk ?  if there is such thing as good weather  :p
scribble scribble scribble

CadaVez

• View Profile
  • IGN: CadaVez
  • Server: Gandara
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2016, 09:29:06 am »
For me the end of August would be perfect or somewhere in june or july. i am on vacation from 1st of august till 19st of august

Sabetha

• View Profile
  • IGN: Sabetha.4910
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2016, 01:28:33 pm »
Jut Shal your not a guildie anymore :P ;)

I was still the catalyst of the first guild meeting ;)
A place where I can be without remorse
Because I am a stranger who has found
An even stranger war

Here I come

gemgenie

• The Cake Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2016, 02:43:50 pm »
Not really. This meet has been in planning since before you joined the guild originally... we just never got round to sorting it. Novs has been on her way over to the UK for ages ;)

Anyway its a guildie meet up so rejoin the bloody guild ;)

Oh and message me about working Download, they changed stuff last year and didn't allow staff back in the arena after their shift finished so you may want to check that out or you may miss the bands you want to see. I can double check with my mate if you want more details. Think they also upped some shifts to 13 hour stretches.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal