CONNECT

Host: ts.psdh.eu
Password: None

* Recent Posts

Wintersday Extravaganza 2023 by Nova Lelie
[December 12, 2023, 09:52:49 PM]

IRL Meeting interest check by Mr_Dark
[February 10, 2023, 07:33:19 PM]

PSDH Seasonal Scary Spooky Strange Sacrificial (just kidding, or are we?) Sit-in by Mr_Dark
[October 18, 2022, 01:52:50 PM]

[ANN] Easter Eggstravaganza by Nova Lelie
[April 18, 2022, 01:55:17 PM]

Dragon's End by Nova Lelie
[March 21, 2022, 11:00:25 PM]

* Calendar

Sorry! There are no calendar events available at the moment.

* Upcoming Events

Stay Connected
Ever wanted a way to stay connected to your guildies outside of event times, or want to get notified 30 minutes before one of our events start?
Why not join the [PSDH] Discord? To join our Discord server, click on the link in this message or press the Discord logo on our banner at the top.

Author Topic: New Raid Team  (Read 51058 times)

Zia Vidarr

• View Profile
  • IGN: Zia Vidarr
  • Server: Whiteside Ridge
Re: New Raid Team
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2016, 04:34:22 PM »
Alright since we now have enough people we now need to set times. Since Dark is rather limited we will be trying to work to his Tuesday Evenings if that's alright by you guys? Thinking Tuesday 8pm UK time. However it will be useful to see when you're all available. So, if Tuesday 8pm UK Time suits you say so, if not please list other times that work for you. Please do NOT add times that clash with PSDH events!

Crash

• Always be the last to fire.
    • View Profile
  • IGN: Crash Perfect
  • Server: Underworld
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2016, 07:10:31 PM »
Tuesday 8pm GMT is good by me, had my dinner by then and settling for the PC for the evening! So yes from me! :D

(sorry dark)

Bezglutek

• Sylvari on fire
    • View Profile
  • IGN: ewatres.1673
  • Server: Blacktide
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2016, 08:37:23 PM »
Fine for me, but if we're going to start next week I might not be there. I'll try, but I'm visiting my mum for a week and I'm not sure yet if she has any plans for Tuesday.
Bezglutek / Szkocka z Lodem / Crazy Chemist / Dynamic Muffin / The Moon Moon / Mr Catnip Addict / Autodestrukcja / Miss Ble

netivolu

• View Profile
  • IGN: netivolu
  • Server: Ruins of Surmia
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2016, 09:39:04 PM »
normally thats fine for me.
wich boss are we going to tryfirst?

RickyAll

• View Profile
  • IGN: The RickyAll.6039
  • Server: Seafarer's Rest
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2016, 12:46:06 PM »
I guess we'll start with Vale Guardian. I suppose.

And Tuesday is fine for me.

Zia Vidarr

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2016, 03:50:45 PM »
Yep, we'll be starting in Wing 1 and working up. Partly cos there is a story to it, and partly cos there are mastery points to be had! As for next week Bez, depends how fast everyone replies and we get the weekly raid time agreed. Because obviously once we have a time, and the 10 people, I will then Post a guide to Wing 1 Which will be deemed as "Required Viewing" - If this has happened by Tuesday, awesome! If not then we start on the 21st. There is no point at all in rushing our first run together, as we need to learn to work as a unit. This is something that will take practice, and rushing into our first run will not help us gel together.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 04:34:18 PM by Zia Vidarr »

Ragnar

• View Profile
  • IGN: fabiomaria.5128
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2016, 09:49:39 PM »
tuesdays are fine for me

Seren

• View Profile
  • IGN: SerenLight.4781
  • Server: Ring of Fire
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2016, 11:47:30 PM »
Tuesdays are alright with me, as long as it doesn't go on too late! :)

xadine

• View Profile
  • IGN: xadine
  • Server: Vizunah Square (FR)
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2016, 11:26:33 AM »
yep tuesday is fine.

arukAdo

• View Profile
  • IGN: arukAdo.2047
  • Server: Piken Square
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2016, 11:31:17 AM »
tuesday is good, but im open for sunday as well, xadine seems u gonna be the healer :p
I can volunteer for tanking for first round since ive got experience with it, altho im best suited as a joker, ive got quite lot of different toons available.
Idealy the tank role (mesmer) could be rotating so we dont relay too much on somebody, selen could be the next (or first) one.
We have 2 rangers, even tho the longbow isnt exactly the best dps rotation, they could be used to replace the usual condi-engi range team (aka green circle), combined with the healer ranger they will have enough survability (water fields ftw), this also open for melee condi-builds (viper phalanx or viper revenant anyone? lol)
Theres plenty of warriors so the phalanx side should be covered, except for the range team its very much like the good "classic" setup.
Let aside the PVT and rabid gears, it should be good to go.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 11:45:49 AM by arukAdo »

Bezglutek

• Sylvari on fire
    • View Profile
  • IGN: ewatres.1673
  • Server: Blacktide
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2016, 12:37:17 PM »
We have 2 rangers, even tho the longbow isnt exactly the best dps rotation
As for me, I crafted asc berserker sword and exo bers axe, as in the build linked by Red (didn't get enough materials for asc axe), however I'm not feeling comfortable with melee attack and I'm still learning how to use sword/axe. I'd survive longer with one of the bows, at least until I learn how to fight with sword :P
Bezglutek / Szkocka z Lodem / Crazy Chemist / Dynamic Muffin / The Moon Moon / Mr Catnip Addict / Autodestrukcja / Miss Ble

arukAdo

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2016, 01:21:17 PM »
Well exotic is enought for the first boss, the range role isnt much about the size of your dps, its all about survability, control and movement, regardless the class you wont have a big dps due to spending 75% of your time chasing the green circle, its a mechanic role not really a dps one :p

As a rule of thumb for first boss, exotic is fine as long you actually take the right stats (no thoughness basicly).
Those are available with karma in orr temples, dungeons (tracks..) ect... so theres basicly zero reason to have the wrong stats imo.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 01:23:46 PM by arukAdo »

Zia Vidarr

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2016, 03:22:56 PM »
Okay so our first Raid will be on the 21st [Tuesday] at 8pm UK time! This gives people with Rabid and PVT time to adjust their gear [keep your PVT and Rabid, just might need to grab a fresh set of Exotic for raiding. To add to survivability Power DPS can use Zerk with Valk accessories, and Carrion Acessories with Sinister stuff on Condi is a good mix for HP boost while putting out high DPS still if you're not confident to go full Sin or Zerk, obviously there are other good build set ups too, but Rabid and PVT aren't really great for raiding. Later [after PSDH Events] I will post Video Guide Links here :)

arukAdo

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2016, 05:20:57 PM »
From the list we have, Id say seren could go on tanking if can afford to change a few jewels to suit the role (basicly you just need to switch to cavalier amulet/rings), then again Dark has mesmer too, maybe he can just do that.

Im going usually zerk armor/weaps (assasin is fine) with chronomancer runes and cavalier/zerk jewels, you have to adjust the number of jewels depending on thoughness of the healer, theres a good food for tanking from dragon stand; mussels gnashblade; +10% Damage Reduction +15% Boon Duration
The meta is about the "commander" stat armor, it gives more buff duration (concentration) wich is nice to max out quickness sharing, the drawback is you do no dps, so I prefer to stick to zerk and usually dont take signet of inspiration anyway for more survability, its really a subtle choice there and wont make the group win or loose by itself, the key point is more that mesmers are much more efficient at tanking coz benefit the whole group wichever way you go with.

Note PVT is never an option as it mean even less dps than commander, rabid could go for a tank-condi situation, but its fairly obvious you will lack power so id recommand just get alternative piece meanwhile to crank up dps (yes even on a scepter it makes quite a difference to loose power stat partially)
Carrion is pretty meh as well, its not as bad as rabid we probly still can make it with it, but im not sure what you gonna do with 28k+hp and shroud on top, 50K hp maybe is overkill ^^
Ppl usually dont like rampager but it surely is a good and cheap (karma) alternative to viper/sinister and has zero of the carrion/rabid drawbacks, you dont have the max of the max condi, but you have no useless stat either.

What we lack is a revenant for exemple, and at least one more condi, so the obvious solution would be for me to go condi-revenant heh, that would match well with 2 ranged rangers at least.
In case seren is tank and dark is a phalanx zerk, id go rev-condi, in case dark is tank and seren zerk necro, id go phalanx condi then.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 05:44:03 PM by arukAdo »

Rediarel

• Guild Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2016, 09:04:01 AM »
commander is used to remove the revenant from the group so you could be fine without it if the mesmer is commander (not all pieces need to be commander to reach max boon duration).

survivability is not useful in pve raid: it's not spvp or wvw, your survivability comes from positioning (also healing is based on this stay on group or your druid won't be able to do much), dodges and proper use of your skills which can be easily predicted, without min/maxing i see it hard to pass through gorseval.

For example DH have really bad hp pool yet they can stay alive through a clever use of their skillset. Sometimes even more easily than a war.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 09:05:49 AM by Rediarel »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal