CONNECT

Host: ts.psdh.eu
Password: None

* Recent Posts

Wintersday Extravaganza 2023 by Nova Lelie
[December 12, 2023, 09:52:49 pm]

IRL Meeting interest check by Mr_Dark
[February 10, 2023, 07:33:19 pm]

PSDH Seasonal Scary Spooky Strange Sacrificial (just kidding, or are we?) Sit-in by Mr_Dark
[October 18, 2022, 01:52:50 pm]

[ANN] Easter Eggstravaganza by Nova Lelie
[April 18, 2022, 01:55:17 pm]

Dragon's End by Nova Lelie
[March 21, 2022, 11:00:25 pm]

* Calendar

Sorry! There are no calendar events available at the moment.

* Upcoming Events

Stay Connected
Ever wanted a way to stay connected to your guildies outside of event times, or want to get notified 30 minutes before one of our events start?
Why not join the [PSDH] Discord? To join our Discord server, click on the link in this message or press the Discord logo on our banner at the top.

Author Topic: New Raid Team  (Read 50667 times)

DKAL-Chris

• View Profile
  • IGN: Chris McSwag.4683
  • Server: Piken Square
Re: New Raid Team
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2016, 03:16:20 pm »
so I prefer to stick to zerk and usually dont take signet of inspiration anyway for more survability.

TBH, if you dont use signet of inspiration you might as well take something else than chrono as quickness uptime is going to suffer alot. I'd also argue that of all meta-builds the chrono is the one with access to most active defenses in the form of blocks, evades and invulns. In case you need more survivability, trait for the phantasmal defender(inspiration grandmaster 1), but in wing one its mostly just a positioning issue unless youre tanking.
Friendly Toxic Elitist

Zia Vidarr

• View Profile
  • IGN: Zia Vidarr
  • Server: Whiteside Ridge
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2016, 03:40:01 pm »
She already has raid experience so if that's the build he's comfortable running with, then that'll do just fine :)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 12:35:15 am by Zia Vidarr »

DKAL-Chris

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2016, 05:53:22 pm »
You'll soon become very much aware of the need to use builds that boost the team rather than being selfish when it comes to raiding. It's obviously up to you whether or not you want to adapt to those requirements or not, but I'm just saying that the power of friendship alone wont be enough to have any major success in defeating raid bosses.

With that being said, best of luck.
Friendly Toxic Elitist

Zia Vidarr

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2016, 08:40:03 pm »
Thanks :) Yeah he has experience with that build so I'm confident of that. I'm adjusted mine, with that said, the others can adjust their builds accordingly over this week :)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 12:37:28 am by Zia Vidarr »

arukAdo

• View Profile
  • IGN: arukAdo.2047
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2016, 09:01:25 pm »
Yeah, its pointless debate anyway, wether you go commander or not (obviously it will be NOT, since how easy it is to get a berserker armor) it wont make the group win or loose, thats totally bullshit, its a group thing, that imply that one person by itself wont make the difference, especially when the choice is about 6 piece of gear where the difference is only boon or ferocity, the level of pickness over one-in-three stats in 6 pieces of armor, from my previous post, is insanely overkill, the team hasnt even make ONE run...

Asking ppl to switch wrong stats when it make sence damage-speaking is normal before we make first attempt, asking the tank to craft commander armor before we even get a glance at the group dps is horseshit imo.
Dont get me wrong tho, if seren or dark want to craft their commander armor, thats very fine, but i wouldnt ask them to do that, especially on first run, instead im merly asking them to spend a few karma to get berserker (or even rampager for condi instead of crafting viper...), that seems more reasonnable to me.
Afaik the goal isnt to break the world speed record but just to casually raid, its not necessary to ask ppl going into lenght for their builds, a good balanced team can make it even if its not hardcore top notch builds.

And obviously changing 2 skills or a meaningless stats shouldnt be ground for been rejected or ridiculous  stuff like you can usually see in lfg or hardcore guilds, I wasnt writing a guide just merly suggested stuff ive used over and over prooved working, easy to get (no craft) and efficient, instead of trowing a 'meta-or-gtfo' classical rent.

Id apreciate you dont say ppl are selfish or apply a judgement over them before they actually ever do anything, considering your not even participating with them (or witnessing), its not a matter of selfishness but rather of not been an asshat in this very case.
Id also apreciate you dont attempt to school me over my playing choices, they are mine, not yours, im well aware of meta builds and their reasoning (hence why ive mentioned them), but everybody is allowed to follow whatever they feel the best, as long it doesnt break the group appart, changing a signet doesnt break a group appart, period.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 09:39:50 pm by arukAdo »

DKAL-Chris

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2016, 11:07:02 am »
Aru, you completely missed what i wrote, which makes your ragefilled post a bit... weird.
I didn't say anything about armor stats, my comment was ONLY about the signet of inspiration - which I'd say is crucial to be useful as a chronomancer. If you want to take something else instead, go ahead,  but it will severely cripple the team and it is a selfish choice to do so.

Will it make it impossible for an experienced group to complete the raid? Totally not, but for an inexperienced group going for their first attempts I'd say they need as many buffs as possible and in case you have issues staying alive youre better off changing another utility than the signet, ofc assuming you generate any quickness. Gosh, if i knew it would be this sensitive to give constructive criticism(as you may have missed, i do actually suggest stuff and don't just bash on builds) i would have attached a triggerwarning to my post - but I didn't think it would be needed. Guess i was wrong.

Friendly Toxic Elitist

ThFH

• View Profile
  • IGN: ThFH.6048
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2016, 11:52:48 am »
I think you both have said everything there is to say about mesmer meta builds. I want to point out that from forum posts alone you do not always get how much raid experience or understanding of his or her class someone has. I know that you both (Chris and Arkudo) totally understand how the mesmer works and are both actively involved with Raiding since the release.

So I would suggest you leave it at this or start discussing builds as equals who both prefer slightly different play styles.

PS my first VG kill was without chronomancer

Zia Vidarr

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2016, 07:26:41 pm »
Okay could the team please check the main post for times, who I want on tank and heal etc. Thank you!

xadine

• View Profile
  • IGN: xadine
  • Server: Vizunah Square (FR)
« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2016, 03:54:05 pm »
If I understand correctly I'll be healer.
My toughness is 1426 (1k without cleric trinkets, but tune down the heal too). Can the tank communicate his toughness so I can get a new set of trinkets if its need to not mess with the aggro.

Zia Vidarr

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2016, 04:25:45 pm »
Yes Xadine I want you to heal. However, EVERYONE, the ONLY person I want with toughness on their gear is Dark. We don't need accidental tanks! haha
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 04:27:42 pm by Zia Vidarr »

gemgenie

• The Cake Thief
    • View Profile
  • IGN: gemgenie.4560
« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2016, 04:34:39 pm »
Hey xadine just some thing we picked up on from our raids if you have warriors ressing team members it can also boost their toughness to 1400. So your tank needs to be over that to combat that issue. I have gradually over the weeks dropped my toughness as I've gradually got a second gear set, but the first week I just ended up stripping of a couple of my trinkets to drop me lower than the tank.

Also double check both weapon sets I know when I weapon swap my toughness goes up in comparison to when I'm healing on staff. That didn't cause an issue at all on one of our earlier raids when I swapped to give some extra dps buffs... nope nothing to see here nothing happens at all... like vg suddenly following me...nope didn't happen at all ;)

That said I can also use that to my advantage. Occasionally go keep the green guardian busy on the splits if there's no one else to deal with him that day. When on staff he takes one look at me giggles and runs off towards the blue guardian. I found weapon swapping and boosting my toughness to just over 1300 generally keeps him in place long enough for the others to deal with blue and then I can pull him over. So his agro threshold seems to be somewhere round 1300 toughness

Hope that helps you guys because it confused me for a couple of attempt the first time I was pulling him.

Good luck with your first raid next week will keep my fingers crossed for you.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 04:38:57 pm by gemgenie »

xadine

• View Profile
  • IGN: xadine
  • Server: Vizunah Square (FR)
« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2016, 05:13:19 pm »
Well for the times I killed VG our healer always had about 1k400 toughness (always the cleric trinkets^^) and often the aggro was stole by Ele with earth traits^^ (but only an issues with vg). that's why I ask for the tank toughness, usually I go reaper condi (1k tough) so it'll be new to me to go healer.

Zia Vidarr

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2016, 11:09:47 pm »
Also a key thing, everyone needs the Blazing Speed Mushroom Mastery!

arukAdo

• View Profile
  • IGN: arukAdo.2047
« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2016, 09:45:51 am »
With 4 cavalier jewels you end up at 1519 thoughness, that should be good for the tank, amulet, 2 rings and one accessory, you will need laurels for the amulet, guild commendation for accessory, and laurels or fractal for the rings, wearing cavalier on the last accessory will push you to 1629, thats usually more than what you need to catch the healer.
Unfortunatly the game doesnt read armor but thoughness, that mean wielding the shield doesnt count for exemple, and thats why a light armor is able to do the job with just a few jewels, otherwise you would need to account for heavy/medium natural higher armor.

Oh and yes shes right, some traits can boost your thoughness, warrior trait can give +400 on res, guardian can give +150 to 5 ppl, ranger pets ect... check your build for extra source of thoughness.
Ive even saw flesh golem taking aggro on earliest days... alltho that was probly a bug lol.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 10:16:13 am by arukAdo »

Mr_Dark

• Guild Leader
    • View Profile
    • Darkweb
  • IGN: MrDark.9634
« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2016, 08:53:14 am »
Just a quick update for those who are wondering.

Yesterday evening we had our first raid together as this group and I have to say it went pretty good considering about half of the group were new to the encounter or were playing an unfamiliar role/class. After an hour of ploughing we managed to get it into the last phase (the one were two areas of the arena light up), but that was also when the enrage timer kicked in.

On a personal note; thanks arukAdo for helping me finding some clothes for my Mesmer, let me know what I owe you for the runes.
Necro: Darkard | Warrior: Darkward | Ele: Darkauor | Thief: Darksantard | Guard: Darkguard

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal