CONNECT

Host: ts.psdh.eu
Password: None

* Recent Posts

Wintersday Extravaganza 2023 by Nova Lelie
[December 12, 2023, 09:52:49 pm]

IRL Meeting interest check by Mr_Dark
[February 10, 2023, 07:33:19 pm]

PSDH Seasonal Scary Spooky Strange Sacrificial (just kidding, or are we?) Sit-in by Mr_Dark
[October 18, 2022, 01:52:50 pm]

[ANN] Easter Eggstravaganza by Nova Lelie
[April 18, 2022, 01:55:17 pm]

Dragon's End by Nova Lelie
[March 21, 2022, 11:00:25 pm]

* Calendar

Sorry! There are no calendar events available at the moment.

* Upcoming Events

Stay Connected
Ever wanted a way to stay connected to your guildies outside of event times, or want to get notified 30 minutes before one of our events start?
Why not join the [PSDH] Discord? To join our Discord server, click on the link in this message or press the Discord logo on our banner at the top.

Author Topic: OLD Eggblocking (Diboofing) Guide - 17/05/17  (Read 18494 times)

Kaelik_Wau

• Commander
    • View Profile
  • IGN: Chun.1970
  • Server: Piken Square
OLD Eggblocking (Diboofing) Guide - 17/05/17
« on: September 18, 2014, 07:49:26 pm »
This post will no longer be updated, for the latest guide please click here

FAQ

What is Eggblocking?
Eggblocking, as the name suggests, is the act of a player (aka an Eggblocker) blocking Wurm Eggs from spawning.

Which classes can Eggblock?
Any class that can use skills that reflect or block projectiles can Eggblock but some classes are better at Eggblocking than others.

There are guides for Elementalists, Guardians, Mesmers and Revenants below.

How can I tell if the Wurm is about to spit?
All the Wurms have the same telegraphed spit animation - the Wurm will turn the top half of its ‘head’ and look to the right, it then pulls its ‘head’ back and will spit to the right, directly in front and to the left.

If the spit is for Eggs then the Wurm will spit approx. 3 Eggs to the right, front, and left (approx. 9 Eggs in total), if the spit is for Husks then the Wurm will spit 1 Husk to the right, front, and left (3 Husks in total).

A lot of the time, if you are readying to use your Eggblocking skill, you will be inside the Wurm and stood on the Diboof spot of your Wurm. Zoom out your camera and angle it downwards and you should have a birds-eye/side-angled view of the Wurm (or enough view of the Wurm to see its spit animation).

The spit animation can be seen here at roughly these times:
0:40, 0:48, 1:42, 2:46, 2:56, 4:30, 4:38, 5:52, 6:10, 7:04, 7:42, 7:50, 8:46, 9:17, 10:32, 10:50, 11:18, 12:00 (lag or bad recording), 12:17, 12:46, and 13:32

The spit animation can be seen here at roughly these times (brackets show the skill I use and what is spat):
0:28 (SW - Eggs), 0:36 (Husks), 1:28 (SW - Eggs), 2:26 (SW - Eggs), 2:35 (Husks), 3:36 (SW - Eggs), 4:24 (SW - Husks), 4:42 (Eggs - OF), 5:59 (SW - Eggs), 6:07 (Husks), 7:05 (SW - Eggs), 7:47 (SW - Husks), 8:30 (SW - Eggs), 9:27 (SW - Husks), 9:35 (Eggs- OF), 10:28 (SW - Eggs), 11:07 (SW - Husks), 11:26 (Eggs - OF), 12:33 (SW - Eggs), and 12:57 (Husks)

What is the Diboof spot?
This is a specific spot in the middle of each Wurm where the Egg/Husk projectiles spawn from before being spat out. You should aim to place or centre your Eggblocking skills on this spot to guarantee a successful block.

Eggblocking skills that are AoEs (like Swirling Winds) have a bit of leeway, but it's best to get used to positioning yourself on the Diboof spot.

How can I tell if I am stood correctly on the Diboof spot?
Sadly, there is no way of knowing if you are positioned correctly until you use a non-AoE Eggblocking skill during an Egg spit and see if it's been successfully blocked.

I have previously taken screenshots of the Diboof spot of each Wurm here.

How can I tell what the Wurm is about to spit?
Both the spit animations for Eggs and Husks are the same so there is no way of knowing what the Wurm is about to spit until it has started spitting.

But what we know is that Egg spits have an approx. 45 seconds cooldown and Husk spits have an approx. 90 seconds cooldown. Therefore if Eggs are spat (or blocked), then any spit that happens in the next 45 seconds will be Husks - so you can skip the next spit and wait for your Eggblocking skill to cooldown.

Important things to learn!
Learn the spit animation - This is the most difficult task of Eggblocking; to learn the spit animation and separate it from all the other animations the Wurm can do. There is no simple way of learning this other than participating in events and watching the Wurm.
Tip: A new Eggblocker should focus more on learning the spit animation than actually blocking correctly
Tip: If you are having difficulties seeing the spit animation from inside the Wurm, try watching the Wurm from a distance before bringing yourself closer (and shifting your camera view)

Learn to dodge - Eggblockers work in close proximity of the Wurm so you will need to dodge the Wurm's spin attacks.
Tip: The Wurm will wind up, signalling it’s about to do a spin attack - use your dodge the moment the orange AoE appears

Do not block Husks - There are many skills that Eggblockers can use to not only block Eggs but Husks as well, these skills usually have the 'Prevents Capture-Point Contribution' description. These skills should only be used during an Egg spit.
Tip: Prioritise skills that only block Eggs, then if you see Husks being spat you'll know the next spit will be Eggs

Wurm Spins - Although there is no difference in the spit animation to tell if Eggs or Husks will be spat, there are separate animations to indicate what spin the wurm will do. As an Eggblocker your priority is blocking Eggs, but it can be useful to learn the Wurm Spin animations to help block the AoEs.
Tip: AoE (small spin with AoE projectiles) - The Wurm will curl outwards, counter-clockwise, close to the ground
Tip: Wide Spin (large spin) - The Wurm will curl clockwise into the air

Classes Guide

Elementalist

Trait:
No required traits

Weapon:

Swirling Winds - Focus (Air) Skill#4 |

(24

when traited)
     Create a swirling wind that destroys projectiles.
          Duration: 6s
          Radius: 400

Weapon (Solo Only):

Magnetic Wave - Focus (Earth) Skill#4 |

(20

when traited)
     Damage foes, cure three of your conditions, and reflect projectiles with a magnetic surge.
          Damage: 330
          Crippled (5s): -50% Movement Speed
          Number of Targets: 5
          Reflection Duration: 3s
          Radius: 300
          Combo Finisher: Blast

Skill Usage:
• Swirling Winds has a large enough AoE that it can be used anywhere in the middle of the Wurm
• Magnetic Wave must be used on the Wurm's Diboof spot (see here)

Two Eggblockers: Alternate with the other Eggblocker, using Swirling Winds

//Solo Only//
Solo Eggblocking: Prioritise Magnetic Wave, always use it first and then turn your camera and LOOK at what is being spat out
• If Eggs are spat (or blocked), then switch to Air Attunement and use Swirling Winds immediately
• If Husks are spat, then the next spit will be Eggs, therefore switch to Air Attunement and prepare to use Swirling Winds on the next spit
//Solo Only//

Guardian

Trait (Solo Only):

Master of Consecrations - Virtues [Adept III]
     Consecrations last longer and have reduced recharge.
          Recharge Reduced: 20%
          Duration Increase: 2s

Utility:

Wall of Reflection |

(24

when traited)
     Summon a barrier of mystic power that reflects projectiles.
          Duration: 10s (12s when traited)
          Combo Field: Light

Utility (Solo Only):

Sanctuary |

(60

when traited)
     Form a protective healing shelter for allies. Foes and projectiles cannot enter.
          Healing: 522
          Number of Impacts: 10
          Number of Targets: 5
          Pulses: 6
          Duration: 6s (8s when traited)
          Radius: 180
          Range: 900

Skill Usage:
• Wall of Reflections should be used on the Wurm's Diboof spot (see here) or slightly in front of the Wurm
• Sanctuary should be used on the Wurm's Diboof spot (see here) (AoE - has a bit of leeway).

Two Eggblockers: Alternate with the other Eggblocker, using Wall of Reflections

//Solo Only//
Solo Eggblocking: Prioritise Wall of Reflections, always use it first and then turn your camera and LOOK at what is or isn’t being spat out
• If Eggs are spat (or blocked), then the next spit before Wall of Reflections is off cooldown will be Husks, therefore skip it until Wall of Reflections is off cooldown
• If Husks are spat, then the next spit will be Eggs, therefore prepare to use Sanctuary on the next spit
//Solo Only//

Mesmer

Trait (Solo Only):

Warden's Feedback - Inspiration [Master I]
     Focus weapon skills reflect projectiles. Reduces recharge on focus weapon skills.
          Recharge Reduced: 20%
          Reflect Missiles

I recommend not equipping[Deceptive Evasion] - Dueling [Grandmaster III] equipped - As an Eggblocker you will be dodging a lot, and with illusions attacking their closest target, it can draw unnecessary attention from Vet Wurms and/or Husks.

Weapon (Solo Only):

Temporal Curtain - Focus Skill#4 |

(20

when traited)
     Create a wall of energy that grants swiftness to allies who cross it and cripples foes who touch it. Allies may cross the wall more than once but receive less swiftness after the first crossing.
          Initial Swiftness (12s): 33% Movement Speed
          Swiftness (1s): 33% Movement Speed
          Crippled (5s): -50% Movement Speed
          Duration: 5s
          Range: 900

Utility:

Feedback |

Create a dome around your foes that reflects projectiles.
          Shield Duration: 6s (8s when traited)
          Radius: 240
          Combo Field: Ethereal
          Range: 1,200

Skill Usage:
• Temporal Curtain should be used on the Wurm’s Diboof spot (see here) or slightly in front of the Wurm.
• Feedback should be used on the Wurm's Diboof spot (see here) (AoE - has a bit of leeway).

Two Eggblockers: Alternate with the other Eggblocker, using Feedback

//Solo Only//
Solo Eggblocking: Use Feedback, then turn your camera and LOOK at what is or isn’t being spat out
• If Eggs are spat (or blocked), then the next spit before Feedback is off cooldown will be Husks, therefore skip until Feedback is off cooldown
• If Husks are spat, then the next spit will be Eggs, therefore prepare to use Temporal Curtain on the next spit
//Solo Only//

Revenant

Trait:
No required traits

Utility:

Protective Solace |

Summon a protective barrier around the tablet that destroys enemy projectiles.
          Duration: 20s
          Radius: 240

Skill Usage:
• For Protective Solace, Ventari’s Tablet should be placed on the Wurm’s Diboof spot (see here) (AoE - has a bit of leeway). You can use this skill at 1500 range so you are away from aggro'ing Vet Wurms

Two Eggblockers: Alternate with the other Eggblocker, using Protective Solace

//Solo Only//
Solo Eggblocking: Activate Protective Solace and then turn your camera and LOOK at what is or isn’t being spat out
• If Eggs are spat (or blocked), then deactivate Protective Solace at the end of the spit
• If Husks are spat, then deactivate Protective Solace immediately.* The next spit will be Eggs, therefore prepare to use Protective Solace again on the next spit

* If you deactivate Protective Solace as soon as you see the first Husk being spat out, Protective Solace will be off cooldown if the Wurm were to spits Eggs directly afterwards
//Solo Only//
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 06:14:08 pm by Kaelik_Wau »
Warrior: Kaelik Wau - Ele: Elementalist Sakki - Thief: Elis Solvfelt - Mesmer: Sybeil - Guard: Levare Corda - Rev: Revenant Sekk - Necro: Leis Norah - Engi: Engineer Lexxa

merula

• View Profile
Re: Diboof Guide
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2014, 11:22:04 pm »
Would it be also possible for mesmers to block eggs with Phantasmal Warden?

Mr_Dark

• Guild Leader
    • View Profile
    • Darkweb
  • IGN: MrDark.9634
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2014, 09:50:01 am »

P.s. Diboofers are also knows as Eggsterminators
Necro: Darkard | Warrior: Darkward | Ele: Darkauor | Thief: Darksantard | Guard: Darkguard

Kaelik_Wau

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2014, 09:51:14 am »
Would it be also possible for mesmers to block eggs with Phantasmal Warden?
I've tried using Phantasmal Warden but it couldn't reliably stand in the right spot to block eggs. So pretty much eggs were being spawned.
Warrior: Kaelik Wau - Ele: Elementalist Sakki - Thief: Elis Solvfelt - Mesmer: Sybeil - Guard: Levare Corda - Rev: Revenant Sekk - Necro: Leis Norah - Engi: Engineer Lexxa

Tva

• Commander
  • aka: Shiroiki Mei
    • View Profile
  • IGN: Tvasan.8075
  • Server: Far Shiverpeaks
Re: Diboof (Eggblock) Guide - 18/09/15 updated
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2015, 10:53:36 pm »
Curious about some things on skills that can be used by and elimentalist to block. Can the Ring of Earth be used as well, given it also destroys projectiles, though only for 2's so it would need to be in combination with Magnetic Wave I guess.

And given things said I'm asumeing mystform and Fortify from the shield have the same affact as Obsidian Flesh.

Kaelik_Wau

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Diboof (Eggblock) Guide - 18/09/15 updated
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2015, 11:14:39 am »
Curious about some things on skills that can be used by and elimentalist to block. Can the Ring of Earth be used as well, given it also destroys projectiles, though only for 2's so it would need to be in combination with Magnetic Wave I guess.

And given things said I'm asumeing mystform and Fortify from the shield have the same affact as Obsidian Flesh.

I didn't know about Ring of Earth - I tested it last night and it does indeed block Eggs. I'm not sure about using it first though with it's 0.75s charge up time, especially if there's lag/desync so it might be better using Magnetic Wave and then Ring of Earth.

And yes, Mist Form and Fortify functions like Obsidian Flesh. So it blocks Eggs, Husks and AoE spits :)

Astrovirus/Jari The Great

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Astrovirus Astrophotography
  • IGN: Astrovirus.2936
  • Server: Gandara
Re: Diboof (Eggblock) Guide - 29/09/15 updated
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2015, 07:53:57 pm »
Can we get some info about the Revenant's ability to perform diboof tasks? I think I heard Ziggy talk about this during the Commander meeting on monday.
Warrior(s): Sirrah Andromedae (Jari The Great, RETIRED)│Thief: Gienah Ghurab Corvi│Revenant: Lady Cassiopeia Cih│Necro: Miss Ophiuchus│Ranger: Meissa Heka Orionis│Guards: Gallina Deneb Cygni; Antares Flame│Engi: Theta Iota Antliae│Mesmers: Sheliak Vega Lyrae; Almeisan Geminorum│Ele: Ankaa Phoenicis

Kaelik_Wau

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2015, 02:50:25 pm »
I've added a section on Revenant but it's little more than just use Protective Solace. Revenant makes Eggblocking a lot easier.

I decided to test Revenant on an unorganised Wurm map, so even when players gave up and the arena started filling with Husks and Vet Wurms, I just stood in a safe corner activating and deactivating Protective Solace out of range of anything that could aggro me.

Protective Solace is probably the best Eggblocking skill in the game. It's like Swirling Winds but it can be activated and deactivated whenever, has a 5s cooldown and the player can activate it at a distance.

Revenant also has access to Field of the Mists and Crystal Hibernation.
  • Field of the Mists is great but it can be a bit fidley to use as it's position depends on the character's position and the direction the character is facing.
  • Crystal Hibernation is great as well, less fidley than Field of the Mists but only lasts for 3s, so needs to be combo'ed with another skill to block a full spit.

I still prefer my Elementalist :P

ThFH

• View Profile
  • IGN: ThFH.6048
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2015, 02:22:56 pm »
I was wondering if a scrapper is a vialbe option to diboof or at least serve as an backup diboofer. It involves at least these two skills Electro-whirl and the toolbelt skill of the Bulwark Gyro an reflective dome made by Defense Field. If this is an semi viable option I am going to try it out as an condi dealer so I can serve as a back up for the few times both diboofers get downed.

Kaelik_Wau

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Diboof (Eggblock) Guide - 28/01/16 updated
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2016, 03:03:35 pm »
Just a bump for potential new eggblockers

pizzapunt

• A friendly Sylvari known as Ardi Veftvohl
    • View Profile
  • IGN: piza.9310
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2016, 07:45:02 pm »
The mesmer part might need a change... since it not includes the F4 shatter.

Kaelik_Wau

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2016, 11:18:27 pm »
The mesmer part might need a change... since it not includes the F4 shatter.

I wanted to keep the guide simple for new eggblockers so I decided to just list the main skill(s) to use for each class, whilst trying to avoid skills that can block Husks, didn't last long enough or had a ridiculously long cooldown.

So for Mesmer I chose Feedback and Temporal Curtain because they both have great duration, low enough cooldowns and only block eggs.

SinghMary

• View Profile
  • IGN: SinghMary
  • Server: Ruins of Surmia
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2016, 07:22:32 pm »
Thanks for the guide, was really helpfull
But now, what do i need to do to become a real eggsterminator??

Mr_Dark

• Guild Leader
    • View Profile
    • Darkweb
  • IGN: MrDark.9634
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2016, 08:15:48 pm »
When we ask for eggterminators / diboofers in teamspeak you can sign up :)
Necro: Darkard | Warrior: Darkward | Ele: Darkauor | Thief: Darksantard | Guard: Darkguard

arukAdo

• View Profile
  • IGN: arukAdo.2047
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2016, 01:07:46 pm »
And while at it, once you participated as a eggblocker (or condi), please either ask to a commander to move you to eggblocker (or condi) group or do it yourself, it is very helpfull to determine who can eggblock (or condi) at a glance of the ts channel.

Maybe it is worth mentioning in the guide that revenant can hide away from the veteran wurms with the tether distance of the tablet (1500 range!!!), afaik on crimson theres no safe spot, on amber if you stand by the trees you have 95% chance to never agro anything (they still potentially can hit you tho) but with a mesmer you can actually get on top of the branches for full safety, and that on cobalt near that vista they cant hit you at all from the ledge.
The boss still can target you for its aoe(s) despite you are a lonely distant target, as long you dont dodge out the 1500 tether distance it should be fine, a single aoe cant kill you, only a stack of aoe does that and he can only shoot one at you since you are single target anyway, for 2 revenants just dont stack on each others.
If you try to auto attack during burn with hammer it wont work usually, but if you press 111111 it should let you register dmg despite been over 1200 range, kinda like the ranger longbow
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 01:23:38 pm by arukAdo »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal