CONNECT

Host: ts.psdh.eu
Password: None

* Recent Posts

Wintersday Extravaganza 2023 by Nova Lelie
[December 12, 2023, 09:52:49 pm]

IRL Meeting interest check by Mr_Dark
[February 10, 2023, 07:33:19 pm]

PSDH Seasonal Scary Spooky Strange Sacrificial (just kidding, or are we?) Sit-in by Mr_Dark
[October 18, 2022, 01:52:50 pm]

[ANN] Easter Eggstravaganza by Nova Lelie
[April 18, 2022, 01:55:17 pm]

Dragon's End by Nova Lelie
[March 21, 2022, 11:00:25 pm]

* Calendar

Sorry! There are no calendar events available at the moment.

* Upcoming Events

Stay Connected
Ever wanted a way to stay connected to your guildies outside of event times, or want to get notified 30 minutes before one of our events start?
Why not join the [PSDH] Discord? To join our Discord server, click on the link in this message or press the Discord logo on our banner at the top.

Author Topic: Necromancer builds on PSDH  (Read 4316 times)

Squeakieclean

• View Profile
Necromancer builds on PSDH
« on: May 19, 2014, 03:38:32 am »
Heyo, folks. So I've proved to be a masochist in expressing the desire to play a condition damage necromancer to basically be a Digested Husk janitor during Bloodtide Triple Trouble.

Poking around within our guild, however, got me a ton of contradictory responses with regards to builds. I suppose that's due to preferences. Prec/condi/power and Sigils of Geomancy for bleeds and conditons. Condi/prec/toughness, same sigils, but more condition damage. Condi/toughness/vitality, because foods and percentage buffs account for straight higher condition damage numbers

At least they were all agreed staff/scepter+dagger were the weapons of choice.

Basically, I want to do the most condition damage possible and minize my time spent killing Husks. Assume I can stay mobile and dodge. What gear should I shoot for? Care to share your builds?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 03:38:32 am by Squeakieclean »

Dobie

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2014, 09:07:38 am »
Unfortunately I don\'t play necromancer myself.
On the TS of gw2community I found this build recommended:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vQAQNArYWjc00dbxNO2wfbCB6RvgLgY0DiJYSGqClDA-zwBBYhCik0gk3BK5sIasVTFRjVdDTHjIqmUAwMNC-e

They did say however that there are other possibilities and the important thing is having Epidemic.
I guess they chose rampager gear for phase 2. You need power and precision there. And they probably chose spectral walk for swiftness.
If you want to focus on killing husks but be rather useless in phase 2, go with full dire gear and choose Blood is Power instead of Spectral Walk.

Mr_Dark

• Guild Leader
    • View Profile
    • Darkweb
  • IGN: MrDark.9634
  • Server: Piken Square
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2014, 12:42:19 pm »
If you are building for killing husks and don\'t want to be completely useless in phase 2 you can equip Spectral Wall. This is an ethereal combo field which causes confusion in combination with Physical Projectile or Whirl.
Necro: Darkard | Warrior: Darkward | Ele: Darkauor | Thief: Darksantard | Guard: Darkguard

Squeakieclean

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2014, 01:40:15 pm »
Thankfully I can stay out of combat to exchange a skill there, then.

I don\'t think we ever got to decapitation and killing a flopping head before, though, right? I did understand that confusion will be very beneficial on that phase since its flopping animations and its acid pathing triggers confusion like hell.

Dobie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2014, 02:47:19 pm »
Also remember this condi guide which can also be found in the Wurm guide section of this forum:
http://gw2community.com/index.php?/topic/281-triple-trouble-condition-tactics/
Damond (the author) is a really experienced necro and he\'s melting husks really fast.
So regarding gear: If you have/can afford multiple sets and can swap sets before phase 2: Take Dire or Rabid for phase 1 and swap to Berserker/Rampager for phase 2.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal