CONNECT

Host: ts.psdh.eu
Password: None

* Recent Posts

Wintersday Extravaganza 2023 by Nova Lelie
[December 12, 2023, 09:52:49 pm]

IRL Meeting interest check by Mr_Dark
[February 10, 2023, 07:33:19 pm]

PSDH Seasonal Scary Spooky Strange Sacrificial (just kidding, or are we?) Sit-in by Mr_Dark
[October 18, 2022, 01:52:50 pm]

[ANN] Easter Eggstravaganza by Nova Lelie
[April 18, 2022, 01:55:17 pm]

Dragon's End by Nova Lelie
[March 21, 2022, 11:00:25 pm]

* Calendar

Sorry! There are no calendar events available at the moment.

* Upcoming Events

Stay Connected
Ever wanted a way to stay connected to your guildies outside of event times, or want to get notified 30 minutes before one of our events start?
Why not join the [PSDH] Discord? To join our Discord server, click on the link in this message or press the Discord logo on our banner at the top.

Author Topic: [RL] Meeting 2017 - Official Thread  (Read 14448 times)

Mr_Dark

• Guild Leader
    • View Profile
    • Darkweb
  • IGN: MrDark.9634
  • Server: Piken Square
[RL] Meeting 2017 - Official Thread
« on: October 11, 2016, 09:33:42 pm »
Update: 11/05: If you haven't signed up for the meet, registration will be open until Sunday June 25th
Update 31/03: Early-bird sign-up has finished. It's still possible to register for the meet, but you will not be able to get a PSDH t-shirt. Signup here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1liASephrkZV48Xl2x4nCvhy9lLwIi4GAlmLTTjGvWSM
Update 26/05: Sign-up has now officially been closed. Hopefully we'll see you next year!

Hello PSDH, today I come to you with great news!... euhmm... Good news everyone!

The sign-up for the PSDH Meeting 2017 is officially open! The link for registration can be found below, but before you do that I suggest you first read through this post because things are a little different from last year - in a good way... we hope.

Date: August 25th-27th 2017

For this years meeting we will be staying in The Netherlands. We have found a nice remodelled farm (barn) with a nice living area and 8 bedrooms which can hold up to 36 people. It’s located south of Amsterdam Airport in an open and quiet area (middle-of-nowhere-ish maybe) near a lake where we can hang-out, play, have a drink and do what we want (to an extend).

I hear you thinking; But Dark, Netherlands... Amsterdam... coffeeshop... red-light district… Yes I understand some of you want to go and visit Amsterdam while you’re nearby, but unfortunately this is not something we can organise as an excursion. If you want to explore Amsterdam you will have to organize this yourself and I would suggest either Friday morning/afternoon or Sunday afternoon/evening. The accommodation becomes available on Friday at 18:00 and we will have to leave Sunday at 17:00.

A little more about the accommodation. We’ll be staying at “Kampeerhoeve Koole”, this is a renovated farm from which the owners have converted the old stable in a big house for groups. The “house” has 8 bedrooms with 2 to 8 beds, a large living area and a kitchen. Outside we will have a big open field which we can use for activities or just sit and relax in the sun (implying we have any). For those who want to swim, the nearby town (Nieuwkoop) has a swimming pool. This is about a 30 minute walk from our accommodation. If the weather is really great there are also nearby lakes in which you can swim.

How we organize things this year
Unlike last year where everyone was in charge of booking their own room, this year we will offer “weekend-packages” which you can buy for a reasonable price.
The reason we have chosen for this is so we can split the costs easily and keep the price low.
  • Full package - 70 euro - This includes a place to sleep, food (dinner, breakfast, snacks) and drinks (soda, juice, beer, wine) for the whole weekend
  • Half package - 30 euro - You will book a place to sleep yourself, but you do want to join us for food and drinks
  • No package - free - You will take care of everything yourself

The accommodation only has space for 36 people, once these spots are taken we’re full and can’t take any more who want to stay over. Spots are given on first come first serve basis. I will keep this topic updated on how many spots there are left.

As you can see above we will take care of the grocery shopping and will make sure there’s enough food and drinks for everyone. If you have some special requests please tell them and then we can see if they fit the budget or that maybe you’ll have to bring it yourself.

Besides food and drinks we will also organise some activities in which you can participate and perhaps win a prize ;) If you have ideas for activities or maybe have a cool board game which you can bring, please do so!

Things you have to bring yourself
  • Your happy face!
  • Sleeping bag or blanket + sheet. The accommodation only provides a bed and a pillow. If you are unable to bring either of this, let us know as soon as possible so we can organize something for you.
  • Hard liquor. We will only provide juice, soda, beer and wine, any other alcoholic drink you will have to bring yourself (for yourself or to share).

If you would like to bring a snack or food to share we would highly appreciate this. If we all bring something small it will add up really quick and we’ll probably have a bunch of different things to snack on during the weekend.

Signing up for the meetup
Done reading this wall of text, you’re still enthusiastic for the meetup and want to register? Click on the link below and fill up the form. Once you’ve submitted your registration we will review it and send you a confirmation email.

Because this year we will be pre-booking an accommodation we will require everyone who signs up to pay in advance. We know transferring money to someone unknown while the meetup is still months away can be a little daunting, but rest assured, we’re not Nigerian prince who need some cash to unlock their fortune.

Registrations: 33
Beds taken: 29/36
  • Mr_Dark + 1
  • Nova Lelie
  • Major Helios
  • Gemgenie
  • Ardi
  • Elnora Sunbane
  • Notechus + 1
  • Tyrion Ironshot
  • Zorkesh
  • Tweetiti
  • Rungh Feros
  • Merula
  • Magua
  • Bezglutek + 1
  • Jari
  • CaDaVez +1
  • Toomcioo
  • Stormwolf
  • Shiroiki Mei
  • Kevorkian
  • Logarithmic
  • Doctor
  • Anya Rikku
  • Jarabacek
  • Marchello

Joining but not sleeping over
  • Kylie
  • Grant
  • Fussypants
  • Gunungjato
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 11:27:33 am by Mr_Dark »
Necro: Darkard | Warrior: Darkward | Ele: Darkauor | Thief: Darksantard | Guard: Darkguard

Mr_Dark

• Guild Leader
    • View Profile
    • Darkweb
Re: [RL] Meeting 2017 - Official Thread
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2016, 09:54:18 pm »
Accommodation
From the 2 photo's on their website it looked pretty old, but Nova and I went to check it out and that's not the case. The layout is as follow:

Ground floor
From the entrance you get into a large hallway with stairs to the second floor and two doors left and right.
The left room has some tables with chairs, some couches, a small bar and has a door to the terrace.
The right room also has tables with chairs. It's a bit smaller because it also has two small 2 person bed rooms.
In the back there is a pretty large kitchen (dishwasher, 6 burner stove, oven) which is accessible from both rooms.

Second floor
The second floor has 6 bedrooms, 4 toilets and 4 showers. The bedrooms are either 4 or 6 person bedrooms, each bedroom has it's own sink + water.

What to bring
As you can see on the photos below the beds only have a mattress and a pillow. This means you will have to bring a flat sheet and blanket/sleeping bag yourself. If you are unable to bring either of this, let us know some weeks before the meetup so we can get you something.

Terrace with the door to the inside

One of the 6 person bedroom

One of the 4 person bedrooms

Shaky photo of two of the 4 showers

Bonus: Field outside which we can use for activities
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 08:45:02 pm by Mr_Dark »
Necro: Darkard | Warrior: Darkward | Ele: Darkauor | Thief: Darksantard | Guard: Darkguard

AnyaRikku

• View Profile
  • IGN: Anya Rikku
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2016, 06:41:39 pm »
but how do i know your really not a Nigerian prince  :P

i should know for sure by the end of the week beginning of next
when does the money need to be in by?
Anya Rikku: Thief (main)| Vincent Dante: Warrior | Antuta Dullahan: Necro | Ciri Vangberg: Revenant

Mr_Dark

• Guild Leader
    • View Profile
    • Darkweb
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2016, 07:02:20 pm »
For now I want to have the money collected by March 5th, 2017.

Bezglutek

• Sylvari on fire
    • View Profile
  • IGN: ewatres.1673
  • Server: Blacktide
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2016, 04:30:53 pm »
Filled for both me and my +1 :)
Bezglutek / Szkocka z Lodem / Crazy Chemist / Dynamic Muffin / The Moon Moon / Mr Catnip Addict / Autodestrukcja / Miss Ble

Mr_Dark

• Guild Leader
    • View Profile
    • Darkweb
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2016, 12:14:54 pm »
It's good to see we already have 20 people who signed up for the meet-up :D even thou it's still 10 months from now :(

Tva

• Commander
  • aka: Shiroiki Mei
    • View Profile
  • IGN: Tvasan.8075
  • Server: Far Shiverpeaks
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2016, 08:57:48 pm »
Still need to talk through things with people to make sure I'm free then / is anyone else wants to come but its looking good and definatly if I can intend to come along.

Two things though, food wise is it all to be cooked by us and if so do we have any info on the kitchen if there is one.

and secondly what do you mean a few months away, you've listed the date as in  20117  ;)

Stormwolf

• Guild Leader
    • View Profile
  • IGN: Khain Stormwolf
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2016, 09:33:01 pm »
Hey - remember me? :)
I've reserved a spot - assuming I've not been worked to death by next August :/

Astrovirus/Jari The Great

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Astrovirus Astrophotography
  • IGN: Astrovirus.2936
  • Server: Gandara
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2016, 12:23:48 am »
Yay, we can be roomies Storm!
Warrior(s): Sirrah Andromedae (Jari The Great, RETIRED)│Thief: Gienah Ghurab Corvi│Revenant: Lady Cassiopeia Cih│Necro: Miss Ophiuchus│Ranger: Meissa Heka Orionis│Guards: Gallina Deneb Cygni; Antares Flame│Engi: Theta Iota Antliae│Mesmers: Sheliak Vega Lyrae; Almeisan Geminorum│Ele: Ankaa Phoenicis

Mr_Dark

• Guild Leader
    • View Profile
    • Darkweb
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2016, 09:37:11 pm »
Still need to talk through things with people to make sure I'm free then / is anyone else wants to come but its looking good and definatly if I can intend to come along.

Two things though, food wise is it all to be cooked by us and if so do we have any info on the kitchen if there is one.

and secondly what do you mean a few months away, you've listed the date as in  20117  ;)

1) We'll try to have food which doesn't need much preparation or something like BBQ
2) Info about the kitchen I can provide after next weekend, we'll go to the accommodation and have a look on Saturday

Hey - remember me? :)
I've reserved a spot - assuming I've not been worked to death by next August :/

Good to see we haven't scared you off during the last meet ;)

sen

• View Profile
  • IGN: sen.6140
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2016, 11:43:56 am »
I also signed up, but seem to not show up on the list and received no email. Am I too hasty or too stupid to fill in my own email?  :-\

Mr_Dark

• Guild Leader
    • View Profile
    • Darkweb
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2016, 01:54:53 pm »
I also signed up, but seem to not show up on the list and received no email. Am I too hasty or too stupid to fill in my own email?  :-\

Hadn't had a chance to send out mails for new registrations, you should receive it soon :)

sen

• View Profile
  • IGN: sen.6140
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2016, 01:58:39 pm »
Yep, thank you. I'll stop worrying now, I promise  ;D

ThFH

• View Profile
  • IGN: ThFH.6048
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2016, 08:05:38 pm »
For the groceries we should have at least one evening 'vla uit pak' as dessert.

Mr_Dark

• Guild Leader
    • View Profile
    • Darkweb
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2016, 08:41:35 pm »
Updated start post with more photo's and information about the accommodation.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 08:45:24 pm by Mr_Dark »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal