CONNECT

Host: ts.psdh.eu
Password: None

* Recent Posts

Wintersday Extravaganza 2023 by Nova Lelie
[December 12, 2023, 09:52:49 pm]

IRL Meeting interest check by Mr_Dark
[February 10, 2023, 07:33:19 pm]

PSDH Seasonal Scary Spooky Strange Sacrificial (just kidding, or are we?) Sit-in by Mr_Dark
[October 18, 2022, 01:52:50 pm]

[ANN] Easter Eggstravaganza by Nova Lelie
[April 18, 2022, 01:55:17 pm]

Dragon's End by Nova Lelie
[March 21, 2022, 11:00:25 pm]

* Calendar

Sorry! There are no calendar events available at the moment.

* Upcoming Events

Stay Connected
Ever wanted a way to stay connected to your guildies outside of event times, or want to get notified 30 minutes before one of our events start?
Why not join the [PSDH] Discord? To join our Discord server, click on the link in this message or press the Discord logo on our banner at the top.

Author Topic: PSDH SpooOOoooOOOooKy Halloween night  (Read 6177 times)

Nova Lelie

• Guild Leader
    • View Profile
  • IGN: Persephone.5384
  • Server: Gandara
PSDH SpooOOoooOOOooKy Halloween night
« on: October 04, 2018, 05:56:23 pm »
Helloooooo Guildies!

The days are getting shorter, darkness is closing in…. YAY it’s almost Halloween again! Time to pay our yearly visit to Steve and Bob in the labyrinth and do all kinds of spooky stuff!

Of course, as usual, we have planned a special Halloween night to celebrate this spookiest day of days. On a spooky night like Halloween, we never can stop ourselves and have some murder happen in the Guild Hall. This year we are going to mix it up a bit. One of you will be the murderer!!! TUN TUN TUN … We will explain later how this game will work but hopefully, you are now all very excited :D

The evening starts at 19:30(UK)/20:30(NL) on 31st October 2018 with a game of Darkwards Musical Chairs. Every round your Glorious Leader will remove a chair. Who will be seated last and win his favor? (and shinies ofc). After this small game the entries for the Scary Short Story (see below) will be read and then you may vote for the scariest one.

After the story contest the Guild Hall will become a dangerous place, with murderers lurking. When we've dealt with them it's almost time for Steve and Bob. But before we go to the labyrinth we will have a Guild Hall mount race, all mounts are allowed. Choose wisely.

As is the tradition the night will be closed by farming the labyrinth for Halloween goodies.

Start time: 19:30(UK)/20:30(NL) - 31st October 2018
Please make sure you are in the Guildhall before the event starts.
As for all our events, there will be a special channel available on Teamspeak.

Scary Short Story Competition
Over the years you have gotten very creative with terrifying and killing our commanders and leaders in your stories over the past Halloweens. We do applaud this and would like to see if you can maybe top last years winner?

The PSDH Halloween Scary Short Story Competition (PSDHHSSSC) guidelines are very simple so please make sure you follow them before submitting:
- you may submit one scary short story of 400 words maximum
- involves PSDH commanders/leaders (for extra points)
- submit the story to Nova via Discord (or the website in a personal message if you don’t use Discord) on or before the deadline 17:00(UK)/18:00(EU) 31st October 2018
all entries must be original work from the author themselves
- include your GW2 account name (Example.1234) so that we can reward you if you win!
- the story is suitable for all ages (PG13)

We will read out the short stories during the PSDH Halloween event on 31st October 2018 and will be voted on by the PSDH members in attendance at the event. (You don't have to be there as a writer, it's more fun though!)

Remember the story deadline is 31st October 2018 at 17:00(UK)/18:00(EU)! Good luck!

Super Fun Girls
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 02:06:24 pm by Nova Lelie »
Kill the thingy!

Nova Lelie

• Guild Leader
    • View Profile
Re: PSDH SpooOOoooOOOooKy Halloween night
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2018, 11:27:45 pm »
Winners!

Musical Chairs - Major Helios
Mount Race - 1) Caldnir 2) Major Helios 3) Shiroiki Mei
Scary Story contest - Caldnoc
Dragon Minions of Gilded Hollow - Lots of death a few winners

Prizes will be mailed to you tomorrow!
Kill the thingy!

Nova Lelie

• Guild Leader
    • View Profile
Re: PSDH SpooOOoooOOOooKy Halloween night
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2018, 03:36:53 pm »
Scary Story Contest - All Stories

1.Andyfied

It felt like I was down in that muck forever, but eventually, I clawed my way out of the festering filth. The marsh bubbled impassively.

The smell of rotten fish floated across from our defeat. The Risen Land Mines would be out in force, I knew. I saw Corporal Everkind a short distance away, tall, gaunt. His once pristine Seraph armour was dented and blackened. He grunted at me in recognition, but his face was so full of despair and pain I had to look away.

I suppose it was a mercy that his death was swift. The angel of his demise stood huge.. and for some reason, shirtless. A Nornish battle cry burst from beneath a savage mustache and Everkind crumpled beneath the assault.

“Swords out!” shouted the soldier flanking him “Swor- Oh Six. Oh Six, it’s the Captain.”

“This one.” I whispered “Kill.”

Stiffened sinews snapped and my tattered flesh fell away.

Bonus Horror Story

ARENANET IN ADMINISTRATION. EA OFFER BUYOUT

2. Caldnoc

As the days darken and grow cold,
you recall the stories of old.
Of madness unending and countless dead,
whims of a king painting the streets red.

After your latest adventure you begin the long march,
back to the familiar port of Lion's Arch.
You wonder if you will make it in time,
to witness the ruler with little reason or rhyme.

You meet up with others you have come to know,
when suddenly a foul wind begins to blow.
As a booming laughter announces his arrival,
you start to worry for your survival.
He is here, there’s no mistaking that laugh.
You notice Nova tighten her grip on her staff.
The commanders show little fear,
though you do wish you were at the rear.
The vanguard is led by Dark and Storm,
who bring their squads to Mad King Thorn.
"Greetings, mortals, you may adore me now!
Your Mad King says… BOW!”
You don’t, and are soon knocked down.
Looking up, you see the King frown.
“You will all learn your place before dawn,
but for now, the show must go on.
Oh, how I’ve awaited this day, Khain.
Are you ready for the pain?
Come see me in my realm for a treat.
I assure you, it will be sweet.
But you must be quick!
Unless you would prefer a trick."

Then he is gone with a ‘pop’,
leaving behind a candy corn crop,
and a large metal door you cannot ignore.
You do your best to quell your fear.
He must be dealt with, that much is clear.

You follow others through the door,
wondering what the place has in store.
The deranged trials seem to go on for miles
until you finally reach the king and take a mighty swing.
You fight valiantly and long,
and think the battle might be worthy of song.
You’re gaining the upper hand or so you thought,
But it turns out it was all for naught.
His blade easily finds its way through your defence,
the pain in your chest is very intense.

The Mad King cackles.
“How do you like them apples?
You did as well as could be expected,
so do not feel too dejected.
But now you bore me, and so you should flee.
For raising my ire always ends in a fire.”

Could anything top a night this horrid?
If only you knew the schemes of Kralkatorrik...

3. Kaelik

I WP into the guildhall, but instead of the usual radiant environment I am greeted by darkness.
I look around trying to find anything recognisable. Some sliver of solace to reassure me from this ominous feeling in the pit of my stomach. But the more I look the more it appears like no living soul has set foot in these halls in years, dust and cobwebs settled on every surface.
I hear a groan coming from the direction of the arena. I turn towards it and squint my eyes to make out the silhouette of someone or something.
It shambles towards me and reveals itself.
“It can’t be?” I mutter.
I have to run.
I dash passed the signpost and up the central staircase. The fiery cauldrons that once lit up the pavilion were all but extinguished. The plant life left to wither and die.
I hear its footsteps behind me, echoing through the empty hollows.
I need to hide.
I dart to the right passed the raid statues. In the dark I can just make out the raid bosses atop their plinths. They appear deformed and some hunched over, their expressions as if screaming out for help. I drop down to the platform below and turn to enter the vault. In my panicked state I stumble over a pile of coins. My heart sinks as the coins come crashing down. I hide behind the farthest pillar and press my back against the cold stonework. My heart beating thunderously as I try to catch my breath.
“I know you are there.” Came a menacing voice from the entrance and only exit to the vault.
I turn my head slowly keeping myself hidden. The sounds of footsteps that were chasing me now growing louder with each step down into the room.
I can’t escape.
The sounds of footsteps stop as it reaches the bottom of the stairs. The silence cuts through the air like a knife. I know I shouldn’t but I lean over to glance around the pillar.
It appears in front of me. I stumble back shocked and fall to the floor. No words came as I felt genuine fear wash over me.
I look up at him.
Dark is fully clothed.

4. Merula

It was time but today she planned to be late. For years now exactly at eleven pm she’d go for a walk. She’d take exactly the same route that would take exactly 20 minutes to complete. Not today. She knew this wasn’t normal. Compulsion – she found this term doing an online search. A rigid ritual performed to diffuse anxiety. She had to do her rounds else the world would end. Her evening walk was a reassuring check that there was order to things. It also made her “the girl who had to be home by ten”. Her social life didn’t exist and finally the shame and loneliness were too much. Changing the behaviour and experiencing that nothing bad happened was supposed to help. Half a minute – that’s how long she’d linger today. She was standing at the door, cell phone in a clammy hand, watching seconds tick away. Pre-emptively locked door made it impossible to just dart outside. In the back of her mind there was a whisper of a deadly transgression she was about to commit. The sinking feeling in her belly expanded, knocking out breath from her chest. She whimpered as the clock turned 11. 1, 2, 3… there was no way she could get to 30. She swore trying to hit the keyhole. Teary eyed she was out of the house 12 seconds past deadline. Normally she’d already be at the gate, she closed the gap running. Back on track, she was back on track. The surroundings looked unchanged, even peaceful – no boogieman. She didn’t notice the posters right away. Stapled to tree trunks they formed an odd, fluttery decoration. She couldn’t stop to read but pieced the message together. “MISSING” in block capitals, underneath a dark rectangle of a photo.  Her heart went out to the boy next door who got a bouncy puppy two months back. It would be its third escape. The walk was reassuringly uneventful and a wave of relief washed over her as she saw the porch of her home. She pushed the door handle but it wouldn’t give. She didn’t remember locking the door. She fumbled for keys. Did she lose them when running? She made her way back to the garden gate sweeping the ground with a cell phone light. It slid over one of those posters littering the neighbourhood. She froze. The picture under the “MISSING” sign was hers.

5. AnyaRikku

A sand Jackal in PSDH

PSDH came back from a bounty killing trip in The desolation. They were in mourning, as Shiroiki Mei was killed in a massive hydra attack.

They managed to carry the charred sandy remains back to the guild hall, the funeral was the next day. Dark guarded the body overnight as a tradition for the guild, with a burning at sunrise for the dead.

The sun started to peep over the horizon signaling it was time to say goodbye to a dear friend. As Nova went to open the door to where Dark was guarding the body of Shiroiki, she saw was a huge pile of sand at the end of the table. Shiroiki’s body was left untouched.

“Holy F*ck” gasped Nova and ran to Gem
“ Quick Darks gone missing and all it is left is sand!”
Gem ran to the room. To find only sand and the loincloth of Dark.
“Holy F*ck, what the F*ck happened, did someone get in?”
“They can’t, the door was locked on the inside as par tradition!” said Nova
They both looked at Shiroiki and then at each other then ran out the room locking the door and putting items in front of it.
“we need to call a meeting,” said Gem
“Yes”  replied Nova

Nova sits on Dark’s Throne.
“I call you all here today because I think Shiroiki isn't dead” she declared.
“What proof do you have?” said someone.
“Dark was found as a pile of dust, next to Shiroiki’s body and there's no way anyone could get in, it was locked from the inside”
“So Shiroiki is an agent of Joko now? Walking around the morgue moaning?”
“What's new” said Simon sniggering
“Shut up” said Gem “this is serious, we need to despatch him as a group”
They all go down the morgue to kill Shiroiki. One by one they clear rubble from the entrance.
Nova slowly opens the door
As they peep into the darkness they see Shiroiki, still in the place where they left him.
“He still looks dead” says Tweetiti
Anya walks by the body and stabs it in the head.
“Just to make sure” she shrugs
Then they hear heavy footsteps heading towards them.
“OMG its JOKO”

*BOOM!*

The Door slams open and there is …. a naked Dark!
“I had sand in my loincloth and I went to bath in the river but got swept away in the currents.”

Kill the thingy!

Mr_Dark

• Guild Leader
    • View Profile
    • Darkweb
  • IGN: MrDark.9634
  • Server: Piken Square
Necro: Darkard | Warrior: Darkward | Ele: Darkauor | Thief: Darksantard | Guard: Darkguard

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal