CONNECT

Host: ts.psdh.eu
Password: None

* Recent Posts

Wintersday Extravaganza 2023 by Nova Lelie
[December 12, 2023, 09:52:49 pm]

IRL Meeting interest check by Mr_Dark
[February 10, 2023, 07:33:19 pm]

PSDH Seasonal Scary Spooky Strange Sacrificial (just kidding, or are we?) Sit-in by Mr_Dark
[October 18, 2022, 01:52:50 pm]

[ANN] Easter Eggstravaganza by Nova Lelie
[April 18, 2022, 01:55:17 pm]

Dragon's End by Nova Lelie
[March 21, 2022, 11:00:25 pm]

* Calendar

Sorry! There are no calendar events available at the moment.

* Upcoming Events

Stay Connected
Ever wanted a way to stay connected to your guildies outside of event times, or want to get notified 30 minutes before one of our events start?
Why not join the [PSDH] Discord? To join our Discord server, click on the link in this message or press the Discord logo on our banner at the top.

Author Topic: [RL] Meeting 2020 - Postponed  (Read 11229 times)

Mr_Dark

• Guild Leader
    • View Profile
    • Darkweb
  • IGN: MrDark.9634
  • Server: Piken Square
[RL] Meeting 2020 - Postponed
« on: January 25, 2020, 01:21:20 pm »
Meetup Postponed
Hello everyone. I don't believe this comes as a shock to anyone, but we have decided to postpone this year's meetup due to the uncertainties COVID-19 brings. When organizing these meetups we want to give everyone a chance to join and have a fun and fulfilling experience, but with all the lockdowns, uncertainties and rules each country has in effect, we can not guarantee this.

We hope you understand our decision. Stay safe and follow any instructions your government has. Only that way we will be able to kick back into gear next year and allows us to plan an awesome meetup for 2021.

Thank you,

Your PSDH party planners

Update March 1: Added hotel information

Hello PSDH,

Today I bring you fantastic news. We have come up with a date and location for the 2020 PSDH meetup! Those of you who follow everything about these meetups know that this year we're going back into the city. This years' choice has become - cue drumroll - ....... Antwerp, Belgium.

We are already brainstorming for some cool activities and we are also looking into good and cheap hotels which we might be able to call our guild hall for the weekend. Belgium is known for its beer and chocolate, so activities will most likely include that ;). Once we have more information to give you this topic will be updated.

Date: August 21, 22, 23

Hotels
Our main hotel will be the Ibis Budget Central Station which is located almost next to the Central Station. We suggest you book this hotel via TripAdvisor to get the lowest price.

In case you are unable to book this hotel or just want to stay somewhere else, that is of course possible. We've also found the following (cheap) hotels
Century Hotel - https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g188636-d206686-Reviews-Century_Hotel-Antwerp_Antwerp_Province.html
Ibis Budget Antwerp Port - https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g188636-d1979073-Reviews-Ibis_Budget_Antwerpen_Port-Antwerp_Antwerp_Province.html

Park+Ride
Most of these hotels do not have parking space and I wouldn't recommend parking your car in a garage in the city centre unless you do want to pay a lot of money. Luckily, around Antwerp, there are multiple P+R locations where you can park your car and take public transport into the city.

The easiest one would probaly be Park&Ride Blancefloer, from here you can take tram line for a 15 minute ride into the center.
PR Blancefloer location: Blancefloerlaan 7250, 2050 Antwerpen, Belgium

For more information about P+R and other locations visit https://www.antwerpen.be/nl/info/54886075cca8a7f8588b4799/park-and-rides-p-r
« Last Edit: April 22, 2020, 08:26:27 pm by Mr_Dark »
Necro: Darkard | Warrior: Darkward | Ele: Darkauor | Thief: Darksantard | Guard: Darkguard

Steel

• View Profile
  • IGN: Jonaman.5470
  • Server: Gunnar's Hold
Re: [RL] Meeting 2020 - Save the date
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2020, 06:04:01 pm »
Ooh very nice! I live near Antwerp (1 hour by bike or so) so if I can help with something feel free to ask. (Although I don't really know that much about hotels there)

EDIT: Take in consideration that our public transport (De Lijn) is not great
« Last Edit: January 25, 2020, 06:26:06 pm by Steel »

cunningowl

• View Profile
  • IGN: Bobla Blahh
  • Server: Desolation
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2020, 07:37:11 pm »
I taught we agreed Atlanta Ga, USA.  heeheeheehee

ThFH

• View Profile
  • IGN: ThFH.6048
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2020, 10:08:36 pm »
Also guys it is the fifth meetup so a lustrum!

I think you are messing up places Cunning the plan is Bellevue for the first American trip.

Bezglutek

• Sylvari on fire
    • View Profile
  • IGN: ewatres.1673
  • Server: Blacktide
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2020, 08:13:41 pm »
HYPE hype HYPE hype HYPE hype HYPE hype HYPE hype HYPE hype HYPE hype HYPE hype HYPE
Bezglutek / Szkocka z Lodem / Crazy Chemist / Dynamic Muffin / The Moon Moon / Mr Catnip Addict / Autodestrukcja / Miss Ble

daisy

• Daisygreen
    • View Profile
  • IGN: Daisygreen
  • Server: Gandara
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2020, 06:18:26 pm »
I used to play a little game with a city called antwerp in it hehehe. so i could say 'hey i've been to antwerp!?' but now maybe i have a chance to go to the real antwerp lol
Daisygreen
                                                        o
o                   o                               o
 o                    o   <><          ><> o
   <><

Magua

• View Profile
  • IGN: Magua.4978
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2020, 03:06:22 pm »
I'll have to see if I can get the 21st off work. If not, I can usually finish around midday anyway. For the rest, it's easy, as I live in Antwerp :D

I've had friends stay in a few different hotels when visiting (the ones who didn't want to impose on my own hospitality by stopping in my apartment).

https://www.leonardo-hotels.com/ or https://all.accor.com/hotel/6192/index.en.shtml are both good if you don't want to spend too much, and both near to the Central Station if you're arriving by train.

If you have a slightly higher budget, there is https://hotelbanks.eu/en/home-en/ nearer the centre and the wonderful Brabo fountain you see in the picture above :D

Magua

• View Profile
  • IGN: Magua.4978
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2020, 04:20:49 pm »
Also, would anyone be interested in this?

https://www.woodcutter.be/

Mr_Dark

• Guild Leader
    • View Profile
    • Darkweb
Re: [RL] Meeting 2020 - Hotels Update
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2020, 11:42:26 am »
Update
Added links to hotels and information about Park+Ride for those who're coming with a car.
Necro: Darkard | Warrior: Darkward | Ele: Darkauor | Thief: Darksantard | Guard: Darkguard

Mr_Dark

• Guild Leader
    • View Profile
    • Darkweb
Re: [RL] Meeting 2020 - Hotels Update
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2020, 08:22:40 am »
Hi all,

I know it's been a bit quiet over here but, due to COVID-19, we are temporarily suspending our planning activities. August is still a long way from now and we really hope by then this virus has been subdued. When we receive word it's safe again to travel throughout Europe - and time permits it - we will continue planning the 2020 meetup. Worst case scenario, we will, unfortunately, have to cancel this year's meetup and start planning for next year - but let's hope this is not happening.

For now, stay safe and we'll meet online

Mr_Dark

• Guild Leader
    • View Profile
    • Darkweb
Re: [RL] Meeting 2020 - Postponed
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2020, 08:14:59 pm »
Meetup Postponed
Hello everyone. I don't believe this comes as a shock to anyone, but we have decided to postpone this year's meetup due to the uncertainties COVID-19 brings. When organizing these meetups we want to give everyone a chance to join and have a fun and fulfilling experience, but with all the lockdowns, uncertainties and rules each country has in effect, we can not guarantee this.

We hope you understand our decision. Stay safe and follow any instructions your government has. Only that way we will be able to kick back into gear next year and allows us to plan an awesome meetup for 2021.

Thank you,

Your PSDH party planners
« Last Edit: April 22, 2020, 08:26:08 pm by Mr_Dark »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal