CONNECT

Host: ts.psdh.eu
Password: None

* Recent Posts

Wintersday Extravaganza 2023 by Nova Lelie
[December 12, 2023, 09:52:49 pm]

IRL Meeting interest check by Mr_Dark
[February 10, 2023, 07:33:19 pm]

PSDH Seasonal Scary Spooky Strange Sacrificial (just kidding, or are we?) Sit-in by Mr_Dark
[October 18, 2022, 01:52:50 pm]

[ANN] Easter Eggstravaganza by Nova Lelie
[April 18, 2022, 01:55:17 pm]

Dragon's End by Nova Lelie
[March 21, 2022, 11:00:25 pm]

* Calendar

Sorry! There are no calendar events available at the moment.

* Upcoming Events

Stay Connected
Ever wanted a way to stay connected to your guildies outside of event times, or want to get notified 30 minutes before one of our events start?
Why not join the [PSDH] Discord? To join our Discord server, click on the link in this message or press the Discord logo on our banner at the top.

Author Topic: Care and Handling of Trolls  (Read 4608 times)

Stormwolf

• Guild Leader
    • View Profile
  • IGN: Khain Stormwolf
  • Server: Piken Square
Care and Handling of Trolls
« on: September 16, 2014, 01:23:15 am »
Hi folks
Recently we have had some really annoying trolls on our regularly scheduled events - the ones on Tequatl telling us we don't need Teamspeak are bad enough, but the ones on TT Wurm are getting to be a serious distraction.  There are a couple in particular ('Ivan The' and 'Spirit of Guardian') who seem to have taken it on themselves to tell everyone in the game that PSDH is the worst guild in the history of GW2 and everyone should block us. 

Apparently Ivan The was in Bloodtide Coast for at least half an hour after we left the zone tonight telling people how much we sucked.  And that was after doing a double-kill without proper walkthroughs or organisation... there's just no pleasing some people.

I have returned the favour and blocked them on my contact list which reduces the braincell-killing spam I have to process but equally means I can't see what they're spamming about us any more.   

Anyway, please don't feed the trolls - In other words don't respond to these guys in map chat - it only validates their pathetic existence.  If they are continually bad-mouthing us in game please quietly report them.  I don't know if it counts as abuse but I don't think there's a category for guild defamation ;) 

P.S. It's not all bad - we seem to be attracting a some decent people as well as the idiots ;)

Montu

• View Profile
  • IGN: Tristan Montu
Re: Care and Handling of Trolls
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2014, 06:49:00 am »
Actually it was fun proving IT wrong. He actually left the map without saying anything when Sukki and I started talking in favor of PSDH. Even people on the map were against it.
Elementalist: Tristan Montu | Mesmer: Aphaea De Burgh | Necro: Lana Hathor | Guardian: Elisif Gunnardottir

Stormwolf

• Guild Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2014, 12:34:18 pm »
Apparently he came back later or switched map instances and carried on with his tirade - I got a mail from someone about 30+ mins after the event telling me he was still railing against PSDH... he must have nothing better to do with his life. 

merula

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2014, 01:48:54 pm »
Any publicity is good publicity. The poor thing might be doing us a favor ;)

Mr_Dark

• Guild Leader
    • View Profile
    • Darkweb
  • IGN: MrDark.9634
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2014, 01:59:18 pm »
Would it be possible to report people when they keep on ranting like this about a guild? I mean it's not a one time thing, the guy from last night keep going and going.
Necro: Darkard | Warrior: Darkward | Ele: Darkauor | Thief: Darksantard | Guard: Darkguard

Stormwolf

• Guild Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2014, 05:19:24 pm »
Any publicity is good publicity. The poor thing might be doing us a favor ;)

It's never good when people start talking negatively about a guild.  A good guild (especially a 'raiding' guild) lives (or fails) on it's reputation.  People queue up to do TTWurm with GW2Community or TXS because they can get it done.  In fact they're so good at getting it done that they can carry a 20% load of auto-attack spam noobs through the event who then get the idea that the event is easy and anyone can do it (and ofc you don't need Teamspeak...) because they were literally walked through the event.

If the word gets around that we are rubbish then some people will believe it, because they are like that.  People in the guild lose faith, or don't want to be associated with 'failure' and QQ or simply stop showing up.  We can only prove them wrong by succeeding, and unless we have more control over the people in the zone (by using Teamspeak) then we will find it very hard to manage the event which will always leave us open to abuse from these idiots. 

Incidentally, Ivan The was doing this on Sunday during / after our (silver chest) attempt, as well as last night (another silver).   Spirit of Guardian was having a go at us on Saturday (when we didn't even get a bronze due to a mass of noobs screwing up the DPS).
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 05:25:54 pm by Stormwolf »

merula

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2014, 11:25:10 pm »
I understand and completely agree with your appeal not to feed the trolls – ignore them on mapchat and report them if they’re abusive. I just do not think that a ranting idiot can ruin PSDH reputation. The guild is doing a fantastic job on Teq runs and getting better and better at Triple Trouble. No amount of badmouthing can change that. Trolls will be there no matter how good we get, and that is why we need a clear guide how to deal with them, but I feel they can’t hurt us.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal