CONNECT

Host: ts.psdh.eu
Password: None

* Recent Posts

Wintersday Extravaganza 2023 by Nova Lelie
[December 12, 2023, 09:52:49 pm]

IRL Meeting interest check by Mr_Dark
[February 10, 2023, 07:33:19 pm]

PSDH Seasonal Scary Spooky Strange Sacrificial (just kidding, or are we?) Sit-in by Mr_Dark
[October 18, 2022, 01:52:50 pm]

[ANN] Easter Eggstravaganza by Nova Lelie
[April 18, 2022, 01:55:17 pm]

Dragon's End by Nova Lelie
[March 21, 2022, 11:00:25 pm]

* Calendar

Sorry! There are no calendar events available at the moment.

* Upcoming Events

Stay Connected
Ever wanted a way to stay connected to your guildies outside of event times, or want to get notified 30 minutes before one of our events start?
Why not join the [PSDH] Discord? To join our Discord server, click on the link in this message or press the Discord logo on our banner at the top.

Author Topic: Guide to condi as an Elementalist  (Read 7683 times)

Montu

• View Profile
  • IGN: Tristan Montu
  • Server: Piken Square
Guide to condi as an Elementalist
« on: November 26, 2014, 08:50:52 pm »
Hey guys, Montu here and this is a quick guide on how to condi the husks as an Elementalist during the Triple Trouble event (click on the link below for the build).

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fFAQJArYhUMKb23w6Bf0ACAW4FQAoIOOGMEKCleDA-TByCABOoEEgHAAOq/Qg5vU0TMz+DHp8b6TAAhAWsGA-e

Equipment

Rabid is obviously the best choice of armor for this build. Apart from the condition damage boost it also gives toughness for defense, and precision that is useful for phase 2.
I chose Superior Rune of the Krait as upgrade for the armor for two reasons; first it’s a really cheap rune with wonderful condition boosts; second, thanks to this rune, while attuned to Earth your main skill will deal almost 17 seconds of bleeding with every Stone Shards cast.

Rabid Trinkets are also used for this build. Regarding upgrades, I know what some of you might think, “Why did you choose Emerald? Why not Chrysocola or Coral?” for which I answer that both are a nice choice, but the reason I chose Emerald is that it helps during phase 2. You may choose any of the other 2 if you like.

If you are low on gold but have karma to spare, a full set of rabid armor can be bought from the Temple of Lyssa, while a full set of rabid trinkets (including back item) can be bought from the Temple of Dwayna.

Rabid weapons (naturally) are needed for this build for the same reason as the armor.  As far as sigils go I chose Superior Sigil of Corruption for the boost.
Sigil of Torment is my second choice of sigil because, come on guys it’s Torment, one of the strongest conditions in GW2 especially when considering how much running around the husks will be doing.

Skill Rotation

Traits chosen are quite straight forward so I don’t think it’s really necessary to go through them one by one, meaning that I will go straight to skills rotation.

Usually Elementalists are teamed with a Necromancer, so this guide will be written with that in mind.
  • Start off by being attuned to Fire. When a husk spawns, summon a Frost Bow and wait for the Necro to pull the husk.
  • When the husk has been pulled use the bow’s skill 4 (Ice Storm) on it and drop the bow.
  • Use fire skills 2 (Dragon’s Tooth) and skill 4 (Ring of Fire) and immediately change to Earth.
  • While attuned to earth, use skills 4 (Earthquake) followed by skill 3 (Dust Devil) and skill 5 (Churning Earth).
  • Finish off by auto attacking while still attuned to Earth (Stone Shards). You can also use Signet of Earth and Signet of Fire whenever possible.
  • When husk is dead, change back to Fire and wait for the next one to spawn where you will restart your chain.
  • If helping during the burn phase (obviously in between husks) be sure to only use the Fiery Greatsword as conjured weapon, else it will screw up your chain for the next husk.
  • During phase 2, replace Glyph of Elemental Harmony with Arcane Brilliance. Ignore the chain and Slap & Spank the wurm as much as you can.

So that’s it guys, a condi Ele fit to kill the husks. If you have any questions or need any clarifications do not hesitate to contact me in game (Tristan Montu) or leave a reply in this post.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 10:15:56 am by Montu »
Elementalist: Tristan Montu | Mesmer: Aphaea De Burgh | Necro: Lana Hathor | Guardian: Elisif Gunnardottir

Dobie

• View Profile
Re: Guide to condi as an Elementalist
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2014, 10:32:20 pm »
Hello.

Well, you might not know me, I stopped doing events with PSDH (or generally open world PvE) a long time ago. Still I regularly check this forum when I'm bored and I love making/perfecting builds.

Just some thoughts regarding your guide:

In your rotation:
What about putting a Phoenix after a Ring of Fire for 3 additional stacks of might? 3 stacks of might should increase your condi-damage by about 7%. At only 1/4 seconds cast time it sounds worth it to me.

Traits:
Pretty good but did you consider taking Strength of Stone (Earth VII) as Grandmaster? You shouldn't really need the passive effects of the signets and you gain another 15% more condi-damage.

Sigils:
Torment looks good but the Sigil or Earth looks replacable to me. Ignoring the fact that you should cap 25 stacks easily with Ice Storm + Churning Earth + Signet of Earth + earth autoattacks/nearby necro - Corruption looks like a way better choice, 15+% more condition damage (if you get stacks beforehand and don't die). Or Frailty... although I honestly have no idea if Vulnerability works with Conditions.

Finally regarding utilities:
That heal? Well, you can use it offensively (3 might if cast in fire) and it heals you for a fair amount. I'd definitely go for Arcane Brilliance though. It's a blast finisher giving 3 might for you AND nearby allies when cast in your Ring of Fire. It gives 3 might for 5 allies in phase 2 or generally burn phases. And the healing isn't really inferior to the Glyph.
And why the Signet of Fire? You already have perma burning on your husk and should trigger Blinding Ashes every 5 seconds (ICD). So the active effect is basically useless. The passive effect increases your precision which is kinda nice... but did you consider taking Arcane Wave? It's an insta-cast blast finisher. You honestly can't ever have enough of them. :p

If my calculations are not mistaken and I didn't miss obvious flaws in my suggestions you could deal about 40+% more condi-damage to your husk while also providing way more group utility.
Well, I hope this helps you. :)

Montu

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2014, 10:05:23 am »
I don't really see the need for Phoenix in the chain. I know Phoenix will blast the Ring of Fire which means Might, but as a condi you will be dodging and running around a lot, else the husk will be knocking you back and giving you parasites endlessly. What I'm trying to say is that there is no guarantee that you will still be in the circle when it reaches the husk.

You can use Strength of Stone if you like, but I prefer having the passive effects of the signets while still being able to use them, especially during phase 2.

Yes, Sigil of Earth can be replaced, in fact I will update the guide. I did not think that 1 through =P

For heal I prefer having the Glyph of Elemental Harmony during phase 1 for the protection (while attuned to Earth). But I like the idea of switching to Arcane Brilliance during phase 2.

For the other utilities, I can see Signet of Earth being replaced but not Signet of Fire because 30% chance is not perma burning =P

Still, thank you for your feedback and will update the guide accordingly.
Elementalist: Tristan Montu | Mesmer: Aphaea De Burgh | Necro: Lana Hathor | Guardian: Elisif Gunnardottir

Dobie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2014, 02:30:37 pm »
Isn't Ring of Fire cast around you? You will stand in it anyway and can just immediately follow up with Phoenix.

Also the husk is burning permanently because of Ring of Fire and Dragon's tooth mostly. The trait only helps keeping it up. Signet of Earth looks pretty useful, I wouldn't replace that.

Montu

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2014, 02:33:33 pm »
Yes it is, but experience thought me never to stand in the same place when fighting the husks, not even that split of a seconds for Phoenix

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal