CONNECT

Host: ts.psdh.eu
Password: None

* Recent Posts

Wintersday Extravaganza 2023 by Nova Lelie
[December 12, 2023, 09:52:49 pm]

IRL Meeting interest check by Mr_Dark
[February 10, 2023, 07:33:19 pm]

PSDH Seasonal Scary Spooky Strange Sacrificial (just kidding, or are we?) Sit-in by Mr_Dark
[October 18, 2022, 01:52:50 pm]

[ANN] Easter Eggstravaganza by Nova Lelie
[April 18, 2022, 01:55:17 pm]

Dragon's End by Nova Lelie
[March 21, 2022, 11:00:25 pm]

* Calendar

Sorry! There are no calendar events available at the moment.

* Upcoming Events

Stay Connected
Ever wanted a way to stay connected to your guildies outside of event times, or want to get notified 30 minutes before one of our events start?
Why not join the [PSDH] Discord? To join our Discord server, click on the link in this message or press the Discord logo on our banner at the top.

Author Topic: Re evaluating sub teams, tactics, foods etc  (Read 12718 times)

Astrovirus/Jari The Great

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Astrovirus Astrophotography
  • IGN: Astrovirus.2936
  • Server: Gandara
Re: Re evaluating sub teams, tactics, foods etc
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2015, 09:48:40 am »
I indeed was at Coblt during OC run last night and can confirm that the latest patch does make TT Wurm easier compared to the last week. BUT, it is still more tough then before the June 23 patch, so we have to remain focussed on doing the right stuff.

I wouldn't say Cobalt was at 50% after the second burn already, but it was nearly ready for decap with 5 min left on the timer, so the burn phase damage has definitely improved with the crit/hitbox patch, as we could see loads of criticals landing when at the DD spot.
Warrior(s): Sirrah Andromedae (Jari The Great, RETIRED)│Thief: Gienah Ghurab Corvi│Revenant: Lady Cassiopeia Cih│Necro: Miss Ophiuchus│Ranger: Meissa Heka Orionis│Guards: Gallina Deneb Cygni; Antares Flame│Engi: Theta Iota Antliae│Mesmers: Sheliak Vega Lyrae; Almeisan Geminorum│Ele: Ankaa Phoenicis

Sabetha

• View Profile
  • IGN: Sabetha.4910
  • Server: Gunnar's Hold
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2015, 10:50:52 am »
I'm pretty sure Cobalt was matching Amber for damage over two phases. But yeah, we were roughly ready for decap with 5 mins left, Crimson aside.

It's harder compared to the patch where condi damage was running wild on world bosses, but an improvement on the time when we had a 25 stack condi cap, IMO. As long as Crimson's zerg tonight is good, we can better OC's time last night by 1-2 mins, I think.

I've finally found what I was looking for
A place where I can be without remorse
Because I am a stranger who has found
An even stranger war

Here I come

PilotA

• View Profile
  • IGN: flamboroughpilot.5602
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2015, 03:56:21 pm »
The crits were great last night, feels like a balanced place for wurm to be now so hopefully they'll leave the changes there...

- Well being able to dodge is not a question of bringing a proper meta build or not, just the fact full soldier will keep you alive while berseker's will kill you is not a proper excuse to not dodge. and the downed from spits which are called in ts by the reflect team is pretty embarassing.

Agreed, but I think people should not be forced to be on the meta, if the aren't able to deal with being more prone to getting downed. It's usually not the people on TS that get downed by the spit, but rather the ones not hearing the calls from both reflect team and commanders. And with the animation lag that we are having lately, calls sometimes tend to be on the late side as well.

I still think it's good to stimulate people in trying to put more/as much of the meta build in their build to increase the damage, but they should still feel comfortable in what the play/bring, and therefore I have also adapted it slightly for Teq and Wurm to be a little more though than when running dungeons/fractals.

Yeah, a few things here:
Whether people decide to run it or not, encouraging everyone to at least read up on the meta builds for their class and their DPS potential can't be a bad thing, and would give them the opportunity to incorporate the elements that work for them - having people running a build they can't or don't know how to make use of is pointless as has been said. Plus, since at the moment The Meta Is Changing At An Alarming Rate (tm) it might be wise for some to just stick with something they know even if it's not 100% 'optimal'.

Dodging may be something of a separate issue though. For a start, depending on the armour type and health pool of your class, those spits and some other attacks will still down you in Soldier's; if people don't know how to dodge they're in trouble regardless. Plus the latency problems are just an occupational hazard, if you will - on Sunday or Monday, I was downed by an aoe spit that I had dodged and was (as far as I could see) standing nowhere near *shrug* and this also makes a slightly late dodge very unforgiving.

Oh and since some meta builds rely on knowing how to stack might, if it additionally helped people understand that better that'd be fabulous :D

I also talked to Akuma yesterday (since she was so nice to do Melee command for us) and we already shared some thoughts about Teq and Wurm. I think it is a good idea to continue this so that we can help each other.

That was a nice job, props to her ^^

Not much else to add rn but I think we can feel positive :)

(Edits for formatting)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 03:59:21 pm by PilotA »

Too many characters, send help.

Sabetha

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2015, 04:27:03 pm »
The meta build will help give us that extra bit of damage, given that a lot of it will come from crits now -- but I'm gonna agree with Jari and say that people should be comfortable with what they use, instead of feeling pressured to min-max their stats.

Don't think people using Soldier's gear necessarily implies the inability to dodge wurm spins/spits.
An even stranger war

Here I come

gemgenie

• The Cake Thief
    • View Profile
  • IGN: gemgenie.4560
  • Server: Piken Square
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2015, 01:23:26 pm »
Shiiit you all found me out.... I run soldiers gear, never used to but went that way when I made my ascended stuff. Actually do more damage now than I did before because of runes etc so going soldiers is not always a bad thing.

Personally don't like playing full zerk ( I do have one) it just doesn't suit my play style. That's just me but also those of you who have had the conversation with me before know my views on meta builds. Great if you focused purely on damage and have group support to
Keep you on your feet but a) that doesn't suit everyone's play style and b) it doesn't suit every situation. Meta schemeta,  the number of times I tend to be the last one standing in dungeon groups trying to mop up mobs because people running meta are sat on the floor I've lost count of.

To sum up my view if you like it and it works for you then great but I will certainly never force people to run meta, defiantly worth reading about for info and if you take anything from that and run with it great.

Hopefully this will be less of an issue now since the patch anyway. Will just leave this here though ... One of the main reasons people like and run with PSDH is we are seen as a "Fun and accessable" guild and not one of the Uber elite guilds. I'm all for improvement but not at the loss of the USP of being a guild for all.

Sabetha

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2015, 03:07:28 pm »
I actually recalled you when the soldier stats gear came into discussion :p

The damage we have is more than enough, I think. Last night's failure was not down to damage, it was due to the zerg's inability to stack enough kegs. All the damage in the world won't matter unless it's enough to bring the wurm down in one phase, and nobody will ever do that. The ability to listen is just as, if not more important.
An even stranger war

Here I come

PilotA

• View Profile
  • IGN: flamboroughpilot.5602
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2015, 04:24:28 pm »
Personally don't like playing full zerk ( I do have one) it just doesn't suit my play style. That's just me but also those of you who have had the conversation with me before know my views on meta builds. Great if you focused purely on damage and have group support to
Keep you on your feet but a) that doesn't suit everyone's play style and b) it doesn't suit every situation. Meta schemeta,  the number of times I tend to be the last one standing in dungeon groups trying to mop up mobs because people running meta are sat on the floor I've lost count of.

Running soldier's and/or a more supportive build and play-style in general can be great in those situations ^^ I've taken it over zerker for Fractals sometimes (especially if there are any pugs in the group at all) and it seems you can get through faster and smoother since it can save everyone from wiping! I now pick depending on the content and on my mood :) off-meta is fun <3

Oh forgot to ask - out of interest, what are your runes?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 04:29:38 pm by PilotA »

Too many characters, send help.

Rediarel

• Guild Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2015, 06:25:09 pm »
well technically that meta works only if mobs are killed before they kill you, so might not work that well in a mixed group and if people don't exactly follow rotations. Yes a bit elitist but that's how they are designed by DnT (the meta come from them).
In any case for tequatl meta can be dangerous in the zerg position, for wurm first phase should be fine (aside spit dodging), second phase can be dangerous.

gemgenie

• The Cake Thief
    • View Profile
  • IGN: gemgenie.4560
  • Server: Piken Square
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2015, 05:39:04 pm »
My runes are a full set of Hoelbrak - expensive!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal