CONNECT

Host: ts.psdh.eu
Password: None

* Recent Posts

Wintersday Extravaganza 2023 by Nova Lelie
[December 12, 2023, 09:52:49 pm]

IRL Meeting interest check by Mr_Dark
[February 10, 2023, 07:33:19 pm]

PSDH Seasonal Scary Spooky Strange Sacrificial (just kidding, or are we?) Sit-in by Mr_Dark
[October 18, 2022, 01:52:50 pm]

[ANN] Easter Eggstravaganza by Nova Lelie
[April 18, 2022, 01:55:17 pm]

Dragon's End by Nova Lelie
[March 21, 2022, 11:00:25 pm]

* Calendar

Sorry! There are no calendar events available at the moment.

* Upcoming Events

Stay Connected
Ever wanted a way to stay connected to your guildies outside of event times, or want to get notified 30 minutes before one of our events start?
Why not join the [PSDH] Discord? To join our Discord server, click on the link in this message or press the Discord logo on our banner at the top.

Author Topic: Wurm's Diboof Spot  (Read 11923 times)

Kaelik_Wau

• Commander
    • View Profile
  • IGN: Chun.1970
  • Server: Piken Square
Wurm's Diboof Spot
« on: June 28, 2014, 02:51:51 pm »
Even though the Swirling Winds diboof method has been fixed, I believe learning and using the new diboof method is still worth the extra effort.
So here are the screenshots I've taken of each wurm's diboof spot, I hope they are helpful for any new diboofers. The minimap shows the direction I faced to line up these screenshots.

Amber Wurm - beside the sharp point of the bush/scrub,

http://*might get a better screenshot more in line with the others

Cobalt Wurm - between and diagonally below 2 rock piles,

Crimson Wurm - slightly above the middle of all the rock piles,
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 11:11:13 am by Kaelik_Wau »
Warrior: Kaelik Wau - Ele: Elementalist Sakki - Thief: Elis Solvfelt - Mesmer: Sybeil - Guard: Levare Corda - Rev: Revenant Sekk - Necro: Leis Norah - Engi: Engineer Lexxa

Mr_Dark

• Guild Leader
    • View Profile
    • Darkweb
  • IGN: MrDark.9634
Re: Wurm's Diboof Spot
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2014, 02:55:42 pm »
What's the difference between using these spots and not using them?
Necro: Darkard | Warrior: Darkward | Ele: Darkauor | Thief: Darksantard | Guard: Darkguard

Kaelik_Wau

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2014, 03:18:41 pm »
I'm not 100% sure if this is the reason but when a Wurm spits, the wurm egg and husk projectiles spawn from a specific spot at the wurm's base (not mouth), and the new diboof method relies on the player to stand on this spot, use a skill that makes them invulnerable like Obsidian Flesh and as the projectiles are spawned, they instantly hit the invulnerable player and are destroyed.

The new diboof method can stop all wurm eggs and husks from spawning, and a skilled ele can potentially diboof solo using a rotation of Obsidian Flesh and Fortify/Mist Form.

It's also worth noting that Ele's can still use Swirling Winds if they wish but if they learn the diboof spot for their wurm they can cast Swirling Winds, switch to earth attunement and use Obsidian Flesh in case it is husks that are spat.
Warrior: Kaelik Wau - Ele: Elementalist Sakki - Thief: Elis Solvfelt - Mesmer: Sybeil - Guard: Levare Corda - Rev: Revenant Sekk - Necro: Leis Norah - Engi: Engineer Lexxa

merula

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2014, 02:37:39 pm »
I think that the new method is riskier than Swirling Winds one. As I understand, you have a lot more leeway with the latter. As Kaelik has said before, especially with Amber that sometimes spits eggs right after the burn phase, when you cannot really see well where you’re standing because of the zerg, aiming is difficult. And I think preventing eggs from spawning is more important than blocking husks. Condis can kill/control husks quite well, but we’re not nearly as effective with eggs/grubs. That’s why, I would promote Swirling Winds. And yes, I don’t want condis to go out of business ;)

Kaelik_Wau

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2014, 05:43:58 pm »
If diboof ele's want to continue using Swirling Winds then I'm perfectly happy with that. I mainly took these screenshots for diboofers who want to learn the new method.
I'll admit it is riskier to use the new method, but I feel it's worth it. No more wurm eggs and husks mean more players dedicated to collecting clouds, kegs and being eaten. As a side note: Juvenile Wurms randomly spawn around the arena regardless

Mr_Dark

• Guild Leader
    • View Profile
    • Darkweb
  • IGN: MrDark.9634
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2014, 10:20:35 am »

Not sure how much of this is true, but better be safe than sorry?
Necro: Darkard | Warrior: Darkward | Ele: Darkauor | Thief: Darksantard | Guard: Darkguard

Rediarel

• Guild Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2014, 04:50:07 pm »
Seems weird, as allowing it again was an actual bug fix stated in the release notes... will have a better look at the wurm attempts in NA to check if they use only reflects or also diboofing. They are more visible to anet devs after all...

Takami

• View Profile
  • IGN: Yu Takami
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2014, 08:20:15 pm »
Apparently swirling winds works again, but I'd be inclined to use both that and the invul method anyhow

Rediarel

• Guild Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2014, 12:18:46 pm »
Yes that's what i ask the ele/reflect team to do. use both strategies.

Takami

• View Profile
  • IGN: Yu Takami
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2014, 03:05:17 pm »
Just did a run with gw2c. While blocking using invulnerabilities, I was told to stop by someone else in the teamspeak as it's apparently considered an exploit to block the husks (I can never tell if its going to spit the husks or the eggs). So as such, unless you know exactly what is about to spit, stick to just using swirling winds if you're an elementalist deboof.

Although, really A-Net should fix anything they consider as "an exploit" because people could get banned doing things that they think is an intended mechanic rather than something that is considered an exploit (the line is really ambiguous).
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 03:14:50 pm by Takami »

Rediarel

• Guild Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2014, 07:55:56 pm »
Well that's an interesting field. different communities declare different stuff as exploits or not.
I've heard stuff like declaring making tequatl disappear an exploit because it allegedly made it easier in NA (TTS has quite an impact there on the general idea about events), while in EU that was considered a nuisance and not an exploit.
Why double hit spots shouldn't be considered exploits as well?

I'm not sure anet support can say what is considered an exploit or not....

Unfortunately I cannot compare your experience with NA because there they use callers,whoinstruct each team (they have 2 teams for cooldowns) when to use reflects, swirling winds, invulnerabilities, etc. and when the wurm spins and spits, including when to dodge. So it's difficult to say if they aren't calling it for one reason or the other (also without being in those teams it's even more difficult). But I can see that husks are definitely in the arena so probably they aren't blocking them.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 08:06:20 pm by leraider »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal