CONNECT

Host: ts.psdh.eu
Password: None

* Recent Posts

Wintersday Extravaganza 2023 by Nova Lelie
[December 12, 2023, 09:52:49 PM]

IRL Meeting interest check by Mr_Dark
[February 10, 2023, 07:33:19 PM]

PSDH Seasonal Scary Spooky Strange Sacrificial (just kidding, or are we?) Sit-in by Mr_Dark
[October 18, 2022, 01:52:50 PM]

[ANN] Easter Eggstravaganza by Nova Lelie
[April 18, 2022, 01:55:17 PM]

Dragon's End by Nova Lelie
[March 21, 2022, 11:00:25 PM]

* Calendar

Sorry! There are no calendar events available at the moment.

* Upcoming Events

Stay Connected
Ever wanted a way to stay connected to your guildies outside of event times, or want to get notified 30 minutes before one of our events start?
Why not join the [PSDH] Discord? To join our Discord server, click on the link in this message or press the Discord logo on our banner at the top.

Author Topic: Forum activity  (Read 4304 times)

Mr_Dark

• Guild Leader
    • View Profile
    • Darkweb
  • IGN: MrDark.9634
  • Server: Piken Square
Forum activity
« on: February 02, 2015, 11:13:11 AM »
The PSDH forum is pretty quiet since there are only a handful of members who visit them. We want to change this!

If you have idea's, suggestions or comments on how we can make the PSDH forum even (more) awesome and attract more members to participate. Post them in this topic so we can discuss them.
Necro: Darkard | Warrior: Darkward | Ele: Darkauor | Thief: Darksantard | Guard: Darkguard

Astrovirus/Jari The Great

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Astrovirus Astrophotography
  • IGN: Astrovirus.2936
  • Server: Gandara
Re: Forum activity
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2015, 10:49:13 AM »
Hi all,

Just some ideas that slipped my mind yesterday. Maybe we can do something like the fussyhats lottery on the forum as well.

As we all enjoyed the naked runs a lot and talked about doing this more seriously to attempt to fully kill the TT wurm, we could use the forum to organise this. In addition, we could schedule a "fun" run every now and then (for instance once every month) and give it a theme, like a all warrior/all mesmer/all guardian/all Char/all human etc etc. The forum would be an ideal place for members to put forward themes and maybe use a poll to chose the theme for that month.

We could also use the forum more to discuss how to further refine tactics, as most of the time a lot of people leave shortly after the event finished to do things with their other guilds.
Warrior(s): Sirrah Andromedae (Jari The Great, RETIRED)│Thief: Gienah Ghurab Corvi│Revenant: Lady Cassiopeia Cih│Necro: Miss Ophiuchus│Ranger: Meissa Heka Orionis│Guards: Gallina Deneb Cygni; Antares Flame│Engi: Theta Iota Antliae│Mesmers: Sheliak Vega Lyrae; Almeisan Geminorum│Ele: Ankaa Phoenicis

Kaelik_Wau

• Commander
    • View Profile
  • IGN: Chun.1970
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2015, 01:32:29 PM »
The Forum might benefit from a clean up, as it can be confusing to know which board to post stuff onto. The 'Living Story 2' board can be merged into the 'Events' board, the 'PSDH General Chat' and 'GW2 Chit Chat' boards can be merged to form 1 big General Chat board, and all the picture and video topics, e.g. 'TT Pics' can be moved into the 'Media Gallery' board.
Warrior: Kaelik Wau - Ele: Elementalist Sakki - Thief: Elis Solvfelt - Mesmer: Sybeil - Guard: Levare Corda - Rev: Revenant Sekk - Necro: Leis Norah - Engi: Engineer Lexxa

Mr_Dark

• Guild Leader
    • View Profile
    • Darkweb
  • IGN: MrDark.9634
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2015, 09:12:52 AM »
@Astrovirus - Yes, I've also been playing around with the idea of organizing lotteries and stuff on the forum. More people will have the chance to participate that way.

@Kaelik - Very true, started on that already a little. Maybe a new board for all guides?
Necro: Darkard | Warrior: Darkward | Ele: Darkauor | Thief: Darksantard | Guard: Darkguard

gemgenie

• The Cake Thief
    • View Profile
  • IGN: gemgenie.4560
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2015, 12:01:34 PM »
Well jari covered what I was about to say about a competition. Maybe announce it on ts, let it run for a week, fortnight, month if it's something creative (design competition etc) then announce the winner on ts and the forum.

We obviously need to take a bit more of an active role in promoting the website and forum on ts as well. Maybe in the time when we are stood around waiting for Teq as it needs less organisation than worm. We could point out worm is next and if your interested in trying out a new role check out the forums at .... then post link in ts chat for people to link directly into. Then point out they have a good 30 min to have a read up on the guides there.

That way we give people more chance to opt to bring a different character to condi/egg block/banner warrior etc to worm before the map fills. 2 birds one stone.

Iteration616

• View Profile
  • IGN: JWolf.4817
  • Server: Whiteside Ridge
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2015, 10:42:16 AM »
Now more forum activity naturally would be nice and while I don't have easy answers to how that would happen and I don't want to be a doomsayer I think I have to point out a few things:

1. GW2 in itself is socially active in-game, so for many forums aren't as necessary to keep tabs with friends and guildmates, since you do that anyway while playing.

2. PSDH is by its nature a... hum... secondary guild for many who join it, since we're (at the moment at least) mainly active during our Teq and TT runs, which means that many just pop in to do those and then run along to play with their primary guilds.

Also, just as an observation, for many regging into the forums is just a must-do-thing to join they do to get in and then they never think of the forums again. As an example, I'm in a finnish gaming community called Aseveljet, which has currently 1659 registered members on the forums. Of all those members (some of whom have already left the community), roughly 150 have been really active with post counts numbering over 200 and over 1000 have never posted basically anything else than their application to join.

Now I didn't post this to sound disheartening, since I'm all for more activity in the forums and more activities in-game, I just wanted to... try to bring things into the discussion. Or something.

Also, I'm sorry that I can't give you ideas to use at least at the moment, I'm far more of an advisor than an innovator.

-616-

Kaelik_Wau

• Commander
    • View Profile
  • IGN: Chun.1970
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2015, 01:07:04 PM »
@Dark I think the guides are alright for now as stickied posts, since we don't have a lot of them.

@Iteration616 I agree with your points.

I think it might be worth comparing our website to our Facebook group. We have more members posting on our Facebook group than on our website. Aside from Facebook being more regularly visited, it's probably because the Facebook group seems more laid back, with its random pics and videos :D.

The only thing we can do it seems is to post more regularly on the website (be it unique events, random pics and videos or hype/disgust for the HoT expansion) and hopefully players who check every now and again will notice something that interests them, post, and slowly but surely find themselves checking the website daily until they've set the website as their homepage, autorefresh every second and text alerts to their phone for when they're out and about.
Warrior: Kaelik Wau - Ele: Elementalist Sakki - Thief: Elis Solvfelt - Mesmer: Sybeil - Guard: Levare Corda - Rev: Revenant Sekk - Necro: Leis Norah - Engi: Engineer Lexxa

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal