CONNECT

Host: ts.psdh.eu
Password: None

* Recent Posts

Wintersday Extravaganza 2023 by Nova Lelie
[December 12, 2023, 09:52:49 pm]

IRL Meeting interest check by Mr_Dark
[February 10, 2023, 07:33:19 pm]

PSDH Seasonal Scary Spooky Strange Sacrificial (just kidding, or are we?) Sit-in by Mr_Dark
[October 18, 2022, 01:52:50 pm]

[ANN] Easter Eggstravaganza by Nova Lelie
[April 18, 2022, 01:55:17 pm]

Dragon's End by Nova Lelie
[March 21, 2022, 11:00:25 pm]

* Calendar

Sorry! There are no calendar events available at the moment.

* Upcoming Events

Stay Connected
Ever wanted a way to stay connected to your guildies outside of event times, or want to get notified 30 minutes before one of our events start?
Why not join the [PSDH] Discord? To join our Discord server, click on the link in this message or press the Discord logo on our banner at the top.

Author Topic: WvW raid  (Read 3853 times)

Rediarel

• Guild Leader
    • View Profile
WvW raid
« on: October 26, 2014, 12:08:16 pm »
As I'm the one leading ONYX raids now on Saturday (19 UTC/GMT , 20 CET - remains always 20 in the central European time zone whatever dst changes), all PSDH members are invited to private ONYX raids (hopefully) or open if we lack numbers. In any case don't worry if you are new on WvW I can teach you, just like if you lack a proper build i can post some meta ones if there is interest.
Unfortunately I can only do it with piken people, and maybe in edge if colors match, but edge is not a map I know well.
Also people from the guilds essentially forming PSDH are invited.

If other groups wants to step for their own servers feel free to do so :)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 01:04:20 am by leraider »

gemgenie

• The Cake Thief
    • View Profile
  • IGN: gemgenie.4560
  • Server: Piken Square
Re: WvW raid
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2014, 03:59:32 pm »
Oh now I see this ;)

Would definitely be interested in some build info. I'm just running with my worm set up for most stuff these days. I'm sure there's room for improvement though.

Rediarel

• Guild Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2014, 07:39:22 am »
As a general thing in piken.eu there are several builds if interested, posted by several people using certain professions so you can make yourself an idea.

As a general rule, anyway, your tequatl gear (PVT, soldier) can work most of the times except if you want to specialize or be useful for the group. But can be a start for anyone with any profession as it gives a good amount of resistance.

As far as I know you use a ranger. Even though I used it as main in the past I never used it personally for WvW.
Anyway, this is what our ranger proposes http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fNAQNBjODbkRlGW7XxiFuWDEIULPgAo9MkvNrzi4HS5VnYqVA-T1CDABPcEAOUJoWK/A4gA4rGGBuAA7pDA5HAAmq/cwBCYl9HCAgAczbGYzduzd+n/8n/8n/sbezbezbezSB40wI-w, due to how it's setup it can be good as an additional water field for the group, on the other end you might lose in conditions which is another thing rangers can be good at (with traps, etc) - In other words due to the use of signets it's a selfish build mostly, afaik it has high survivability, so if you've issues staying alive that definitely can help -, so a condi build similar to the one on wurm can also work if you like that sort of stuff. Entangle as elite is also really nice to have but you might want 2 guardians in your party as you lose your only stability (rampage as one).

Another place where ranger could shine, imho, is focus groups. It's a specialized group who doesn't exactly follow commander but self manages itself and snipes the enemies one by one. During the last matchups we've seen a lot of rangers being used there but as the classic group composition for guild raids tends to leave ranger out (not my fault! it's the meta) there isn't much data. Anyway for that position you use usually pvp builds or roamer builds. Metabattle proposes these two: http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Ranger_-_Read_the_Wind_Power_Ranger http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Ranger_-_Condition_Survival . Obviously you won't find one in a public raid blob but mostly in guild groups.

Anyway if you wish i can poke him, as he's more experienced on it and can explain this stuff better.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 07:46:40 am by leraider »

gemgenie

• The Cake Thief
    • View Profile
  • IGN: gemgenie.4560
  • Server: Piken Square
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2014, 10:30:45 am »
Brilliant thanks Red, will have a good look over those links when I've got a bit more time. (away for a few days soon)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal